2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Semi Newbie seeking help

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator
Default Semi Newbie seeking help

All right here's my problem: I JuST bought a '92 Eclipse. But it's no ordinary Eclipse. It's more of a frankenstien. (Pics available www.deceptionracing.net/mycar.htm) The original engine went so the guy swapped it with the engine from a '94. The original engine turbocharged this one not. He also ended up swapping the tranny from a standard to an automatic supposedly has the top of the line computer for it in the car he said it shifts faster than any human could. The engine also has a high performance computer supposedly. Now the body (If you look at the pics) is in rough shape but it will have the body kit on it before long and the rear I will have finished soon. (YES those are SKYLINE taillights WOOHOO). Now we come to my dilema. With this monster of a car I got an awesome deal BUT it doesn't run. Supposedly a valve problem. the 2 problems I have are A.) Rebuild or replace? and B.) How the HEX do I find performance parts for it? I'm used to going online and selecting a '03 Nissan Sentra and it gives me a list of what they have but this isn't just 1 year it's got at LEAST 4 different cars in it right now as is and none of them the same year. (I don't even KNOW what year skyline he got the taillights from). Can anyone help me with this problem? As a quick side question has anyone seen halo headlights for the '92 I have yet to find them for it and would SO like to have a set. Thanks for the help in advance hopefully you guys will be able to set things straight so I can get the car on the road to superstardom (Or just on any type of road under it's own power would be nice...)

Old 03-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Default RE: Semi Newbie seeking help

okay i dont know much about engines and transmissions and all that but I'm sorry to say that I REALLY doubt that the guy you bought this car from put taillights from a real skyline into a 92/94/whatever eclipse. Skylines are so rare that it is just not likely at all.

Old 03-27-2005, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

It's a '92 with the engine of a '94 and tranny of a '96. The taillights ARE Skyline (Take a look at the pics not hard to tell from there).

Old 03-28-2005, 12:54 PM

hmmm........ cant pull the page up...........

Old 03-28-2005, 02:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 1398spdr

hmmm........ cant pull the page up...........
url not found !

Old 03-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Crap sorry guys I didn't realize it would activate the link for you to click and due to it doing that it put the ) in there too that's why the link doesn't work. The link is www.deceptionracing.net/mycar.htm THAT one should work.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:02 PM

oh and the tail lights are not from a skyline they curve they are aftermarket.
here are some real skyline lights.
http://www.supercars.net/Pics?viewPi...e%20GT-R%20Nur

Old 03-28-2005, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

I was thinking the same thing but then what kind of car ARE they from??? They DEFINATELY aren't the Eclipse stock lights. I looked at the lights inside and out and the body/lights have been cut where needed to fit properly. But all that aside it was still a steal for the price I paid with all the parts and work done on it already if you know what I mean. But the previous questions still remain I am currently debating whether to change engines or keep this one, how difficult will it be to turbo the engine that's in it (If I can even find parts for it...) (Currently the 4g63 block is what rests in the bay). And whether or not I should drop back down to a standard tranny or keep the auto that's in it. Supposedly the guy has a computer in the car for the tranny that shifts faster than any human could... How true can THAT claim be?? I always thought that the auto tranny shifted based on weights and counterweights and belt systems... Am I wrong here?

Old 03-28-2005, 11:15 PM

Thos are R33 tailights.

Old 03-29-2005, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yep they are R33 lights I dropped the pic off on the skyline section of the Nissan forums (I also drive a '03 Sentra ) and they said R33. Besides if you guys could only see the ugly job they did on the interior of those lights (But it's what is seen that counts right?)

Quick Reply: Semi Newbie seeking help