2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

****ty luck?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Default RE: ****ty luck?

Lol....I was looking at their website..and I saw this.

"
All JDM engines at Zerolift Autolab are the highest quality available, and thus we pay some of the highest prices for used JDM engines in Japan. We don't go cheap to save a few bucks - after all, we know that you, as a customer, are willing to pay a little more for a better condition and fully functional engine.

"

LOL. and all their swaps say "Zerolift 90 Day warranty."

I'm contacting a lawyer on monday.

P.S. To look at the crackjobs' website, Here's the link!

www.zerolift.com

Old 02-22-2008, 09:34 PM

and adding another note to this. Go to www.zerolift.com and Look under warranty&Disclaimer. wow, they contradict EVERYTHING from that warranty.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:30 PM

i feel u man.. i had a transmission job gone to hell .. shop provided tranny. got hte wrong one. blamed me.. had to modify it to work .. worked but never shifted properly.. refused warranty after agreeing if i got there tranny i have full warranty. There excuse was it past 30 days.. it sat for 4 month cuz of hte winter.. spring came ask them to fix it. they said i give u 30 percent off .. threaten legal action. and now off to court. lol.. good luck to u

Old 02-27-2008, 04:15 PM

So Zerolift called me today as soon as the shop opened. I think they got my letter from the credit card company saying I'm voiding all the charges beings I didn't get what I paid for. They told me everything under the sun that I'd want to hear. THat it could've been their fault and they havea spare head/ random4g63t spare parts in their shop that they could rebuild. But he also said still that it probably wouldn't be free because they'd have to still rebuild and it couldn't be all on them.

I just can't decide what to do..if i should continue with the credit card dispute or bring it into their shop again. I have a feeling they're just trying to get the car back there to A) Strip it of the random nickle and dime other parts if the credit card goes through, or B) To not give my car back until I do pay them.

what do you think I should do. Should I stick to the plan and only get it fixed by them if it's at no-charge to me, or let them take a peakat it and it's iffy on what charges etc. I'll get.

If the credit card dispute comes backon my side, I'm going to rebuild it myself and make sure everything is nice and smooth. I'm tired of these shops saying I need this or that or the car won't run and end up spending 3x my budget.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:13 PM

i have a new engine installed about a 1.5 months ago, the first engine that came in looked like crap so my machnic rejected it, then the second one came in. later that day my new engine was sitting out side after day!! while the mechanics were in side the shop working on another car and me olld engine that was being replace and my new engine was stolen!!. finally i go the engine that is sitting in my car now, a week later smoke was still poring out of the exhaust and found out that my head gasket was bad and have to replace it( noting that i didnt have to pay for the repair of the gasket but the company the engine was bought from). this all took about 2.5 months with me having my car for about a week before it went back. my car cost me $4,2oo and ive putting in about $5,000 in repairs of new engine tie rods... ect which really needed to be replace. so i kno how bad u got it. id say take it to a lawyer and do something about it, and dont give your car back to them unless you kno your going to get it back!

ian

Old 02-27-2008, 09:41 PM

Dude, take them to court! Make sure you have your sales slips and witnesses that heard the car knocking after you brought it home.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:58 PM

Yeah I bet they would screw you over again since they alredy did it once.