2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Something IS NOT right?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Default RE: Something IS NOT right?

yeah, I followed the instructions off of vfaq.com on installing a Hallman MBC. It uses a t-fitting off of the BOV line and then another went to the wastegate.

Any more ideas on what it can be?

Hey burnmyeyes, does your not spool until around 4,500 or 5,000? Mine spools around there and it doesnt even pull as much as my t25 did. When I first took out my car for a test drive, it spooled around where my t25 did, like around 3,000-3,500 and it pulled hard. i could definitely tell a difference. Then I floored it again, and I heard a pop and since then it doesnt spool until around 4,500-5,000. Do you still think its because I dont have a SAFC? What does yours do exaclty? By the way, what size turbo do you have? What kind do you have?

Old 06-21-2006, 04:44 PM

I dont know what kind it is, Im pretty sure its a 16g, not positive, but pretty sure. My turbo spools as soon as I start picking up rpms, but once it hits full boost, the turbo gets really loud and I can't gain any speed and rpms will not go up. I can't even get to 5,000 rpms. I never drove my car with a stock turbo, but I know this isn't running right and its not 200 horsepower. I'm not sure if absolutly need a afc2, but I've been told it wouldn't hurt. More air needs more fuel, makes sense to me.

Old 06-21-2006, 07:42 PM

Thats true, but I wasnt really planning on getting an SAFC until I get a wideband, injectors, and fuel pump first. And until I want to boost over 15 psi. I am keeping it at 10psi for now until I get all that stuff.

I think i have an air leak somewhere. Have you checked for any air leaks. I am going to keep looking. I think mine is somewhere around my stock intercooler. Thats the only place I have not checked. Lets hope it is, its getting on my nerves.

Anyone else have any ideas. Please feel free to let me know what you guys think. Do you guys think it could deal with my spark plugs. My spark plugs are black. I had a guys look at it and he said I was running RICH. How could I fix that problem?

Old 06-21-2006, 09:07 PM

hey agallardo i was planning on getting a 16g for my eclipse i was just wondering where did you buy yours from,how much, and is it hard to install thanks

Old 06-21-2006, 09:35 PM

you may want to check if your turbo is getting oil....

Old 06-21-2006, 09:42 PM

Its not bad at all. Its alot easier than I thought. Just make sure you drain the oil and radiator fluid. Go to vfaq.com and look up the instructions for installing a 16G on a 2g. It helped me out alot. I also did have to do a little modifications. I ordered the entire lower intercooler piping from dejonpowerhouse.com and I had to bend it a little to make it come out next to my stock intercooler. And I also had to bend a couple hoses, like the water return line. Maybe I missed a little step, but it all works perfect. I suggest having at least one friend around to help you.

But guess what guys? I found my problem. My intercooler couple cracked and left a hole to where air escapes, which I hope is causing the problem. I am pretty sure it is. Which is the same problem I had before, with my stock t25, which was causing me to lose power. Do you guys think this is the problem?

Old 06-21-2006, 09:45 PM

how big is the hole?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:40 PM

big enough to fit your thumb finger on each side of the intercooler. So both your thumbs. Definitely losing air though. Dont you think so? Or what do you think about it?

Old 06-21-2006, 11:57 PM

wow. thats a lot of lost air. the size of two thumbs.[&:] if its NOT the problem, then its definately a contributing factor. FIX IT

Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 AM

What do you mean, a contributing factor? And also, how can I check to see if my turbo is getting oil? Is there a way for that?

By the way, is it safe to vent out my BOV now that I have a bigger turbo? Or is it neccesary to recirculate it?

Quick Reply: Something IS NOT right?