2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Something IS NOT right?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Default RE: Something IS NOT right?

well that sounds like a pretty serious problem, and there is a good chance that will make your car run good once you fix it, but im saying if that is NOT what is wrong with it, two thumb sized holes will definately make your car run bad.

to check for oil, i dont really know what to tell ya....i would probably just let the car run for a few minutes, then disconnect the oil line on the turbo, and see if anything leaks out....

and no you cant run open atmosphere. your car wont run right if you dont re-circulate.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:42 AM

dude come on... the point of a turbo is to compress air and force it into your intake... if you are losing that much air of course it's not going to have much of an effect, ur losing probably close to 60-70% of ur boost... fix the holes and you problem WILL definately be helped if not fixed.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:43 AM

I knew I couldnt recirculate it with the stock turbo and I still think you cant even if you put a bigger turbo, but a guy at the performance shope said that I can. But I will definitely recirculate. Thanks man for your help.

What do you think about the spark plugs though. Mine are black. Would that cause anything? The guy at the shop said I was running rich. How can I fix that problem? Maybe that air leak I have?

Old 06-22-2006, 12:51 AM

well running rich is a good thing at full throttle but to rich can fowel your plugs, black plugs means to much fuel and not enough air, check to make sure that your air filter isn't dirty or blocked in any way. also i'd invest in an air/fuel gauge soon.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:58 AM

Yeah, thats what the guy said. I guess i am running rich because of the air leak. Could that be it?

Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 AM

How can I fix that problem? How can I not run RICH? What exactly does it mean, to run RICH?

Old 06-22-2006, 04:42 AM

RICH = AIR TO FUEL RATIO (too much gas, not enough air flow)

am I right guys? still kinda new to this also

Old 06-22-2006, 10:54 AM

dude i just told you what rich was....... yes 98mitsgsx u r right, it's exactly what i said 3 posts up. and also like i said before running rich is not a bad thing unles it's to rich. now AGAIN check ur air filter and plug your leaks and see how that works out.

Old 06-22-2006, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Look all of these problems you are stating are going back to the fact that you have a huge air leak. Fix that and everything should fix. Its pretty simple, loss of air and the turbo isnt gonna be able to compress the air. The also your computer thinks its getting more air in the engine so its putting more fuel than it needs. So therefore if the leak is fixed then the turbo and the engine will function right.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:08 PM

Thanks guys for your help. And I am sorry for repeating myself, I tend to do that. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Something IS NOT right?