2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

sway and strut bars for a spyder

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Default sway and strut bars for a spyder

hi yall, so im swapping my engine with a brand new 2.0L with a stock turbo and going to replace it with a heavier turbo. im going to put on all the goddies to with stand the turbo but i dont want my frame to twist so my question is what kind of sway bars are good for a 97 spyder to hold up my frame from twisting?

Old 04-25-2005, 07:54 PM
Default RE: sway and strut bars for a spyder

the only advice i have is you cant put a rear strut brace on it because the convertible top wont go down all the way...... if your start putting the top down like half way and look down where it gets tucked away you will see the strut towers...

Old 04-25-2005, 08:17 PM

actually my top when its down doesnt take up all the space thats provided, plus these anti sway bars, http://www.streetbeatcustoms.com/sst52212.html, the rear one goes right around the top because i called the company and they said they installed them on the spyder to make sure, so yah spyders are ber modifyable even though that isnt a word so there yah what you think about that mr smart guy dam i love proven somone wrong feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels so dam good doesnt it?

Old 04-25-2005, 08:23 PM

ok smartguy then why are you asking everyone about them if you know??? lol

Old 04-25-2005, 11:15 PM

um, your frame is NEVER going to twist from putting on a bigger turbo...

Old 04-26-2005, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Torque is what twists frames and I've not really heard of a FWD car getting a twisted frame... Now RWD and AWD cars on the other hand..... Enough ponies and the torque to match and anything is possible....

Old 04-26-2005, 11:47 PM

9 second dsm's dont have to reinforce their frames, so he shouldnt need to either. the frame is very strong, thats why its a frame

Old 04-27-2005, 11:01 AM

umm hate to break your sprits guys but our cars dont have frames. they are uni-body bunch of bolts and pannels sub frames bolted together. strut bars are a good idea and alot of racers will use them in front for sure because the tires will tend to push in a little harder when more power is applied to them. this is why strut bars are made. it would not hurt to put them on. front for sure the back is a little less needed in back but is a precaution that you might want. if it was me i would put one in front and maby one in back later. a bent or tweeked uni-body car is a lot to fix. think of them as seatbelts sometimes they will save your life others they just sit there. strutbar is like a seatbealt for your car made to keep it in place.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:04 AM

http://www.dsmtuners.com/parts/defau...a432c9f908ab50

Old 04-27-2005, 03:40 PM

actually, are cars DO have a frame. Secondly, he was worried about his frame twisting from putting on a bigger turbo, so i assumed he meant from the extra power while drag racing, which it will never twist from. Obviously the frame will flex a little during cornering and road racing, and in that case struts and sway bars are a good idea.

Quick Reply: sway and strut bars for a spyder