2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Waterpump cause blog?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Default Waterpump cause blog?

Hi, newbie here. Just want to know if anything like this had ever happen to anyone? I notice there was a small leak under my car couple days ago. I though it was no big deal maybe just a hose leak issue. I drove the car for a few more day and my car just starting to act weird. It blog out at 2.5k-3k, like a rev limiter. Then later after i drive my car for a while and turn it off. Got out of the car and see white smoke coming out from my driver side's wheel. I smell the smoke and it smell like antifreeze. I jack up the car and turn on the car and i can see little drip of coolant dripping down from above my oil filter. Look like it was coming from where my waterpump is located. Can this cause the timing belt to slip and go off timing? Let me know if anyone had this issue before.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Default RE: Waterpump cause blog?

umm, sounds like the bearing went out on your waterpump... time for a new one!

Old 03-07-2007, 02:54 AM

So since the bearing is bad, could that cost the car to blog like that?

Old 03-07-2007, 03:11 AM

BLOG is an internet journal, BOG is what an engine does. your probly overheating the thing, have you checke the water level? might as well ****can it , probly cooked it to no end.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:57 AM

There is no water in the radiator, it probly leak all under the car. Not driving the car until i get waterpump and timing belt replace.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 AM

that is the best thing you can do. Yes, running the car with no anti-freeze certainly can make it bog. when it gets hot, it cant make any power, and therefore goes into thermo-breakdown. you can literally destroy your motor that way. dont do it.
replace that water pump, and getcha a new timing belt as you said.
its the only way man

Old 03-07-2007, 03:01 PM

wow... no water at all??? definatly NOT good.. you'll be lucky if you don't have some other damage to the engine when you get everything put back together like some fried rings or something. without enough or any coolant the car does some pretty funky things... biggest problem is warping of the head b/c it's alluminum so you may be losing some compression i ur cylinders now. how long did the car run like this?

Old 03-07-2007, 03:08 PM

That's not what i meant, it had water in the radiator. Most of it leak out when i park the car for couple of days. just hope after i replace the waterpump and timing belt, its run right. not like a rev limiter at 3k.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:17 PM

should be fine... i never got that bad but when i was in what i called desperate need of a water pump, timing belt, and head gasket the only real symptom i had was loss in power and when at idle my rpm's would drop to about 200 then rev up to 2k then slowly drop back down and repeat this process, and also if i didn't keep the RPM's above about 2k the car would overheat. i guess my car wasn't all that bad lol

Old 03-07-2007, 04:06 PM

soundcolor "thermo-breakdown" isnt even a word, and your theory is way out in left feild from what thermal breakdown is. Quit makin stuff up

Quick Reply: Waterpump cause blog?