2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Waterpump cause blog?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 05:06 PM
Default RE: Waterpump cause blog?

I think everyone understood I didnt mean that literally.

Old 03-07-2007, 05:13 PM

no, not everybody did, it sounds to me like you are making crap up also. stick to what you know. if you don't know water pumps than stay out of the post. if you don't know eclipse's than stay off of this topic area. you have been posting meaningless posts for a few days not and now it's clear that i'm not the only one seeing it. start paying attention and sticking to what you really know and making ur posts have a meaning or stay off the forum. sorry to be like this but we don't have time to be correcting ppl that are just throwing things out there that don't make since and are, well, made up!

Old 03-07-2007, 06:07 PM

ok, well lets do it this way then.
Since the water pump that you have in your eclipse is a centrifugal water pump, then what it does by design is spin water from the inside of the rotating blades to the outside, and force it into the water transfer neck. Thus creating a vaccum in the entire system, and drawing more coolant, and water into the center of the pump. Once the bearing in your water pump goes bad, it can no longer seal the impellar shaft form the water pump housing. This creates a problem because all of your coolant mix leaks out. Once it leaks out, it gets rotated by the belt, and flung up into the rest of the motor, causing belts to slip and electronics to get wet. As for how this would create a problem inside the motor, Thermodynamically speaking, coolant is used inside a motor do cool the block, and hold the motor at a constant tempurature. The hotter the block gets, the more expansion is caused in the reciprocating parts. This becomes a problem because metals swell past there designed point and start wearing against the other metal surfaces more and more as the tempature rises. Also, once the tempature begins to rise, it heats the motor oil beyond what it was designed to handle, forcing the oil into what is known as viscosity breakdown. When this happens the chemicalls in the oil fall our of suspension, and the oil begins to metablolize, and "coke" up. when this happens the oil passages clog, and oil flow is compromised to the point that no oil is flowing through the motor. At this point metal to metal contact begins to happen, and heat-lock takes place. Heat-lock is a condition best descriped by the metals welding themselves together, and no-longer being able to move freely.
I hope this was a comprehensive description of what happens to a motor when the coolant is lost, and the tempature rises above a "liveable" level.
I have done my very best to make this as easy to understand as possible, and hope sincerly that it was usefull information for everyone.

In response to the above. I dont feel as tho I have broken any forum rules, or done anything outside of what anyone else on here does. For whatever reason I dont fit into the "click" on here, thats cool with me, didnt know I had too in order to give advice. I am pretty sure that I am not the only one on this particular forum that offers advice without having an eclipse. If I am, my bad, didnt know I had to have one in order to hang out with the cool kids. While my post my sometimes be trivial, and bring nothing usefull to the table, alot of times they do, I try always to answer any question that I feel i can, in the best way I can. Yes, I am an arrogant bastard, and yes I do have a warped sense of humor. I dont see any reason to be dead straight serious all the time. ehh, maybe I'm wrong.

Old 03-07-2007, 06:14 PM

It's not that at all. just don't enter into a convo w/o knowning what the hell you are talking about. don't make up words to try to sound cool. there is no "click" on this forum. as far as i know the only ppl that know each other are F.O.G who rarely posts, TheEngineer and Emonz... other than that i think everybody else is for themselves. When you post stupid things like "true that yo" and start making up words... it gets annoying, it's a waste of time, and a waste of space.

Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 PM

I replace the waterpump and timing belt and though that the problem was fix. but the rmp still rev up to 3k only. Any reason what could cause the car to do this?

Old 03-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

are you still leaking coolant?

Old 03-12-2007, 05:02 PM

boost leak? check your cupplers, ic piping, ic and bov.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 PM

could also be a timing issue

Old 03-13-2007, 03:34 AM

no coolant leak, no boost leak, dont look like anything is leaking. What is a timing issue? i know i did the timing correctly. Can abad fuel pressure or fuel pump cause this?

Old 03-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator

when you say rev up do you mean that when your not moving and rev the car or while your driving. And what happens when you hit 3k

Quick Reply: Waterpump cause blog?