2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

What will I need to accomplish this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 03:55 AM
Default RE: What will I need to accomplish this?

ORIGINAL: matt02708

I wasn't mouthing off to a seasoned vet he has been a member since jan of this year. I was waiting for a seasoned vet to chime in because they aren't lazy like him. I'm sure that my questioned has been covered, but i figured it only took someone 5 seconds to type out the answer so why should I go searching through 20 different post trying to find the answer to my question.

I was planning on buying 680CC injectors with a 255 fuel pump. That way if I ever do want to run more i'll have the fuel to support it, any objections to that? I appreciate the fast response guys.
dude. chill out. just use search next time...........i see that youve been here longer than me. but atleast i have more post than you lol meaning i actually check the site........stop calling people lazy. and why should you use the search? because we all do it.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:24 AM

ORIGINAL: matt02708

I wasn't mouthing off to a seasoned vet he has been a member since jan of this year. I was waiting for a seasoned vet to chime in because they aren't lazy like him. I'm sure that my questioned has been covered, but i figured it only took someone 5 seconds to type out the answer so why should I go searching through 20 different post trying to find the answer to my question.

I was planning on buying 680CC injectors with a 255 fuel pump. That way if I ever do want to run more i'll have the fuel to support it, any objections to that? I appreciate the fast response guys.
Dude i would have taken you 5 minutes to do a search and find the answer too. Dont feed me that BS, I know where questions like this are and like I said they are put nto the FAQs where only the moderators can put thingsso it keeps all the other garbage out of the loop and leaves the important FAQs up top all the time. A simple 5 minute journey in the FAQ section would have answered thi question and more. I dont disagree with Joshes responce in the least bit, he is obsolutly right it is even in the freaking rules to search before you make a post. Does it always happen ,no, but generally when it doesnt youll get this type of response , and its usually from me. I just happend to be in the mod to answer this one for today thats all. Either way I am just telling you to check the FAQs and go from there.

Old 03-28-2007, 06:29 AM

and seriously not even 30 seconds of a search and I found it https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_125438/tm.htm it was one of the TOP FAQs in there

An if you dont belive that than look at the time posted... 5 minutes apart. and on top of that I made 2 other posts in other sections and logged on to photobucket to upload some pics of my turbo in a thread for 93eclipseGSX before I even started searching for your answer.

Old 03-28-2007, 07:41 AM

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_125438/tm.htm it was one of the TOP FAQs in there

Man, that one took me forever to compile and I got an approval from the original poster to quote too. It was originally a document that I have saved in my computer, so it wasn't exactly open source .

Old 03-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

Careful getting the 680's your gonna have a hard time trying to tune those. Especially with the SAFC its virtually impossible. So if you plan on running that size your gonna need DSM link in order to tune them correctly. And you could run allittle more than 18psi later on with that setup by just adding a FMIC. Since the stock one really isnt gonna work very well any higher than 18psi on the 16g.

Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 AM

Technically you can though TE. He will need to run two piggy backs though[>:]
I do agree about DSMLink, it'll make tuning a hell of a lot easier.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:10 PM

680's are still overkill for a big16g even if you are running 22lbs (max efficiency for this turbo). but if you ever decide to upgrade ur turbo the 680's will hold a solid 17-18lbs on a 20g i'm pretty sure. you'll also want to get a FMIC and ic piping. When you mentioned the "forged" bov, are you talking abotu the "crushed" 1'st gen bov? if so you'll probably have some leaking from it if you push 18+lbs on the 16g. i'd go w/ the HKS SSQ w/ recirc kit

Old 03-28-2007, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

your not gonna have leaking on the crushed 1g at the psi.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:50 PM

I don't have to get the 680's i'm not good with injectors and fuel etc thats why I'm asking you guys, what injectors would you recommend? I was just planning for the future because I know i'll wind up getting a bigger turbo when the 6 bolt goes in there. When I said the forge b.o.v i'm talking about the aftermarket forge one, NOT the crushed 1G. What would you say would be the next step up from the E3B16G the 20G? I'm sure 20 psi is enough for a 7 bolt anyways ha. I'm going to have to upgrade the clutch so it doesn't start slipping and I have a feeling its going to make it crank walk getting a heavy clutch. Oh well gives me an excuse to throw in the 6 bolt and never worry again.

Old 03-28-2007, 03:53 PM

if you don't already have a 6 bolt i'd invest in one now and get it ready... i agree with you theory that if you install a new clutch and this much power on that block i'd only give it a month or so before you start hearin it tick. I know TheEngineer had a 6 bolt for sale, i think its still available, cheap.

Quick Reply: What will I need to accomplish this?