2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Wide Body Kits ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:35 AM
Default RE: Wide Body Kits ?

ORIGINAL: oh_what_up

hahaha yeah... ridiculous lights of any kind should probably be avoided... I hear they add as much horse power as decals do though ;-)
Man, after looking at your photo gallery, and I hate to be a dick, but your car gets Rice Of The Week award.
The interior is so bad... and i mean the old bad where bad means not so good.

Your car needs Martha Stewart, or the gay guys on Style network... asap

Old 03-06-2007, 02:48 AM

hmmm Joshewuhh... were you even thinking about doing anything to your car? I looked at your gallery and its just a stock eclipse. I have more money, sweat, and blood in my car than you can possibly imagine. I respect your opinion, but if you have one you need to be able to back it up with something or supply some constructive critisim. This forum is used to bring people up and teach them about the cars that they drive. It is not used to bring them down. Me, I'm a big boy and don't really care what you think, but just keep what I said in mind for your future posts.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:27 PM

The body kit is easy to put on because the panels are glued on to the existing panels. That is what the guy who designed this kit told me. He said unlike other panels that dont fit this one does. He made them in a way that would not be problematic to install.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:10 PM

dude if i was going to put any kind of body kit on my car i would def go with a blitz kit dont do a wide body it just takes away from the originality of the cars true nature...im tellin you man blitz kits are hot go with that

Old 03-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: brknhrtdpimp1489

dude if i was going to put any kind of body kit on my car i would def go with a blitz kit dont do a wide body it just takes away from the originality of the cars true nature...im tellin you man blitz kits are hot go with that
blitz [:-]. Stock is the way to stay.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:34 PM

Stock body is great.
I cant see why anybody would want to **** theirs up by ricing the **** out of it, like someone I've recently seen.

Old 03-07-2007, 11:50 PM
Banned

Sang has been at the swear filter again

Old 03-08-2007, 12:15 AM

[sm=boosign.gif]

Old 03-08-2007, 01:33 AM

I beg to differ on all the neg comments... its a matter of choice... someone above said that it adds weight .. well not enough to cause it to run slower... i have a friend that is overweight severely and he drives his... its all a matter of tire diameter.. wheel compound, suspension, rear diff, gears, motor, and a sleuth of other variables that makes a car fast... I saw this Limey take a stock MGB and run it faster than some wannabe race cars... this irish bloke said it was a matter of who is driving and how your ride is put together... I know what i will be spending on my ride and its not all motor...

Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 AM
Banned

Are you ****ting me? The amount of insulation, filler, and all that crap does add up to a substantial amount. Not to mention the drag that it produces.

By the way. MGs are built like ****. After living in the UK for 14 years i have to say i have seen those cars spend more time on the back to flat beads than on the road.

It does actually effect the car. Not incredibly... but enough to cause a noticable difference. The weight over stock + the new co efficient of drag could be as much as 100lb over stock... + the new co efficient of drag that varies as speed increases... god knows what that will produce.

Also, its not hard to make a MGB go quicker than your average chaved out nova... thats nothing to be proud of and nor does it prove anything.

So you say you plan to mod the exterior? Well good for you. I hope you have fun with cracking fiberglass, speed bumps and hefty body shop repair bills at 3000 quid a pop : ) Thats a really smart thing to do. I mean... making your car slower, uglier and heavier... is all worth it because you think it looks better... well thats fine by me... but in my opnion..... il spend the cash on the motor.. and see you at the finnish line : )

Quick Reply: Wide Body Kits ?