2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

will this really work?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 AM
Default RE: will this really work?

well the 4G63 is a 2.0L a rebuild and keeping at 2.0L would be cheaper than to have it strocked to 2.4Ls. but power would be higher on the 2.4l as well as Tq, the 2.0L can prob get a higher redline and a little more turbo lag than a 2.4. I am not possitive what it would cost it all really depends if in rebuilding you want to upgrade or go back to stock internals

Old 12-13-2005, 04:03 AM

The 2.4L block is strong, but for the purpose of high horsepower it will definately need stronger internals. The spyder gs will work perfectly with all the parts from the gsx, but as always there is a slightbit of welding needed, but nothing major.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:14 AM

i like the 2.4.... but its not tuneable easily.. and thats what i want.. i want a motor that i can tune turbo and have fun with..and yea please do talk to your guy in MA, thatd really be great if i could pick that motor up in my price range.. itd be an aswem christmas gift to myself :-P and will a 4G63T head fit onto my 4G64 block? (i know the 4G64 is an 1" longer.. but can i make the downpipe 1" longer as well to confinsate? or would the welds be too weak to withhold the torbo boost? (weldings not a prob i got a mig and tig welder in my garage :-P and if i really need i got a 4 post lift at my dads shop :-))

Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

i like the 2.4.... but its not tuneable easily.. and thats what i want.. i want a motor that i can tune turbo and have fun with..and yea please do talk to your guy in MA, thatd really be great if i could pick that motor up in my price range.. itd be an aswem christmas gift to myself :-P and will a 4G63T head fit onto my 4G64 block? (i know the 4G64 is an 1" longer.. but can i make the downpipe 1" longer as well to confinsate? or would the welds be too weak to withhold the torbo boost? (weldings not a prob i got a mig and tig welder in my garage :-P and if i really need i got a 4 post lift at my dads shop :-))
well if you want to keep the 2.4L then just rebuild the 4G64 block and do a 4G63 head swap. you can add a DSMs turbo setup to that without really any trouble and go and tune from there. Let me know what exactly you are interested in IE block and head or just the head and I can let you know what price range he is looking at. The trouble with these parts is they are heavy so shipping will cost alot im sure, and id really recomend a in person tracnsaction in that case but that is just me.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:09 AM

mass isnt far away.. i honestly dont have a set idea, i want the motor that will A) be easy to tune and reliable as a daily driver B) can be tuned.. (somethign from what i have learned is not very easy to do with the 2.4.. 4G64 motor) Honestly.. saying you were in my position what would you do with the car (selling and all that is outta the question)

Old 12-14-2005, 12:34 PM

well At one time I was in that stand point However I didnt have an option to swap a motor just work with the 4G64 because in my old 2000 clipse the motor was faceing the opposite way from the spyders. So I peiced to gether my own turbo kit one by one id by the parts till I had it all. In your sitch both motors are strong if uilt up properly and both can be tuned it all just depends on what you are useing to tune it, a stand alone will allow you total controll over everything and when tuned right it can be setup for a 2.4L to make some big power. It all depends on money. the way I see it is if you have the 4G63 block then you caan slowly work on it while still able to drive your car and only swap it in when it is fully built and completed other wise to build the motor in you car means to pull it and leave your car not running till you finish

Old 12-14-2005, 10:16 PM

Sorry I misread what you put, I thought u said if he didnt have the parts..

But with labor it would prolly be a couple thousand...

Old 12-14-2005, 11:02 PM

ORIGINAL: TheAdvocate

Sorry I misread what you put, I thought u said if he didnt have the parts..

But with labor it would prolly be a couple thousand...
unless he can fab by himself

Old 12-15-2005, 10:30 AM

i can fab myself my father does COMPLETE rebuilds on cars in his spare time we have a 2 post lift and all that good stuff in our garage (he also owns a used car shop so that helps a lot) so yeah i got everything i need to make or do just about n e thing.. except for a bulk cash thing.... so should i just stick with the 4G64 and slowly work on that? (and i found a CAI for my car.. i though they didnt make a full CAI for the 4G64.. it was in stock at a store.. not pieces but a full thing)

Old 12-15-2005, 06:56 PM

ORIGINAL: tidus10

i can fab myself my father does COMPLETE rebuilds on cars in his spare time we have a 2 post lift and all that good stuff in our garage (he also owns a used car shop so that helps a lot) so yeah i got everything i need to make or do just about n e thing.. except for a bulk cash thing.... so should i just stick with the 4G64 and slowly work on that? (and i found a CAI for my car.. i though they didnt make a full CAI for the 4G64.. it was in stock at a store.. not pieces but a full thing)
if you want turbo dont get an intake now. and CAI for the 4G64 is supposed to be 2 pipes one from the throttle body to the MAF and one from the MAF as an extention under the car to the Filter

Quick Reply: will this really work?