3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

00 eclipse no start 2.4L

Old 10-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Default 00 eclipse no start 2.4L

My first post (Except where I posted that I read the required thread) and I have read and read the forums and I have several close to what I am having but so far nothing that has been what I am seeing. I am also to the point where I don't know what To do next.

I was driving the car home when it suddenly at highway speeds died. No noise. just running fine one minute and the next I was coasting. my initial thought after reading everything i could in the forums, was that the timing belt had slipped or broke. I looked at the belt and rotated the engine and examined the belt and the belt looks good. I have tested and I did not get any spark at the plug. I pulled both coil packs and tested and they both tested open with my multimeter. So I ordered new coil packs. When I got them I tested them and they tested open on one and two (the left and middle pin) and pin two and three tested 1.5 kOhms. I thought I must be testing them wrong. so I put them on and then tried to crank the engine I got a fuel smell. I guess in my frustration I cranked a little longer than I should but I got nothing. Not even a hint of trying to turn over. I checked and still no spark. I am now guessing that my ECU or PCM is bad. But from what I read I really don't want that to be it. I wanted to ask if there was anything else that It might be that I should test before going down that Road. Do I just replace the coputer under the passenger Dash? Do I need something to go with it. Am I going to have to take it to the dealer anyway to have the keys reprogrammed. Just hoping something can give me a little better idea of what I am in store for.

Thank you.
Rodney

Old 10-09-2012, 10:01 PM

line up the miming marks on the cams and crank

Old 10-20-2012, 01:39 PM

Okay finally got the time to tear it apart. I was out of town. I have checked the entire belt and it is great, and all the timing marks line up great. I am still not getting any spark. What should I do next. I have replaced the coils on top.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Default broke down and bought a code reader

I pulled the codes and I got a
P0110 = air temperature sensor
P0105 = manifold pressure.

Could either of these cause my problem?

Old 12-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Default Update

Okay, it seems that I have had several issues. One was that I had broken wires in the wiring harness. The other was that the computer was dead as well. I sent the computer off to be repaired and i had the wiring harness replaced. So hopefully that will get me back up and on the road. I wanted to get the computer repaired so that I did not have to fool with the immobilizer. I have already sent it to them once to be repaired and they sent it back to me and I had a shop check it out, (they would not talk to me about why the car still refused to start) the shop found that coil for cylinders 2 and 3 was showing a very weak signal. I just sent it back to get it fixed last Friday. Getting annoying how one problem starts leading into another.