3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

2001 mits eclipse spyder gt turbo ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Default RE: 2001 mits eclipse spyder gt turbo ?

I do know about turbos. And i know the price of it. The plan is after i get the competition clutch, is to get the vortec supercharger. Which is basically a turbo ran off a pulley instead of exhaust. Its easier to set up than others i have encountered. And for you to say i dont know about FI, thats just irrelavent man. Like i said. I could go around pushin 5-8PSI on the stock internals, and later on once i get up the money, get new pistons and rods so i can push more boost without a problem. If the internals blow up at 5-8PSI, then it wont hurt me at all, if its not damaged too bad, i'll just go ahead and rebuild the internals.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:27 AM

im letting you know they are all right.. with a gt you will only get to 8 psi which is roughly about 280 hp to 300hp if youw ant more of a power gain then 8 psi you have to redo your whole internals pistons. rods. basicly a short block.. and change out your tranny... if you dont want it to die... all together i have put in a crap load of money on the 2001 gt eclipse submodel spyder..

3500 for short block with refreshed heads - cp pistons - eagle rods. the 6g72 already come with forged cranks
3000 for the turbo setup.
1000 for gauges, emanage, pillar pods,
300 for the full 3 greddy exhaust
4000 for the new tranny im going to buy IPT
then that doesnt include me doing to rebuild my turbo to ball bearing..
which is like 100 to 200
then youneed the belts and fluids all changed including all gaskets for the overhaul..

ive spent way to much money.. but im happpy with the car... mike will probly love the car too tehe but its too much money just to get around 500hp... and worse.. if i want to upgrade some more.. i would have to do rebuilt heads. with meth inject and a AWD conversion.... which would be another what 10K?

Old 11-28-2007, 12:25 PM

THis is why I come to this forum before I do any work on my vehicle ... to learn from those who have already gone through what I am going through. Or to learn from their mistakes.

ORIGINAL: blayze999

Haha fine ignore me...

I'll even refrain from saying "I told you so" when something breaks... I'm telling you what you've got to do to do it right...

Yes there is a margin that the stocks should take, but they are still crap...

You asked for advice and you got it... I realize what you want and what you need to realize is what you're getting yourself into...

And at this rate it is going to be one giant headache... If you're not willing to put in the investment and do it right you're asking for trouble...

~Mike

Old 11-30-2007, 09:27 PM

For the record, (and I didnt really read all the posts on this thread) I think it would be more worth it to try a 6g74 swap... 6g72 tends to not like forced induction... and can (like WP said) get rather pricey.

Old 12-02-2007, 05:35 PM

http://turbokits.com/eclipse_turbo_kits.html

Those are turbo kits. sooo here ya go

Old 12-03-2007, 08:11 AM

no comment... the plastic flange should be a dead give away.. and if you buy that... you pay too much.. you have the real turbos which i callRuss Approved on a different fourm. and site.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
Banned

Come on man. Everyone is telling you this is a bad and pointless idea and you still want to do it? I say screw it, go for it and i await the help topics this guy creates.

First thing on your list is you need to stop being so ****ing arrogant. You DONT know everything and you obviously have no clue about what is needed to acomplish safe forced induction. Lets just make that perfectly clear.

Second, lets jusy say for some crazy reason, you do end up going FI, your going to hate it because you will never be able to go wide open throttle. That is after you tackle the fuel tuning needs, the clutch maintanance... and god knows what else.

Its a general rule that i have, and i always say it. If you have to ask about it, you shouldnt be doing it!

Screw the fact that its a V6, its not a good thing.

The reason people say GSX is because 1) its all wheel drive, no traction issues. 2) They are super easy to work on. 3) They are easy to make power from 4) They are pretty cheap to mod, 5) There is a huge aftermarket for them, 6) You can pick up a shell for next to nothing... the list goes on and on.

Okay now im just getting bored.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:15 PM

<3 sebba have my babies lol

Old 12-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Banned

Anyways onto happier ****.

Where abouts in Tampa are you? I lived there for a while many years back. Lived out on Bayshore in that Baypointe Circle place. It was baaad assss.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:26 PM

tampa clearwater lol

Quick Reply: 2001 mits eclipse spyder gt turbo ?