3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

3g eclipse dying when I stop... Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Default RE: 3g eclipse dying when I stop... Please Help!

ORIGINAL: Gregory

You're a full of information, and I really appreciate it! You guys are awesome! I didn't try it yet, but she's on her way over with the car now. How do I check the alternator? Disconnect it and hook up a volt meter?
And to answer your question, is has not been throwing the SES light. (Fvew!)
I'm confused to why you told me you have a turbo car though, or were you just telling me that the cars are different?
-Greg
if you have a new battery.. check if the battery has drained alot... thats the way i found out if i had a bad alt or not.. bad alt.. makes the battery drain really really quick. check that volt on the batt..what im leaning for is the stock air intake came loose and just needs to be tightened or cleaned out... thats what im really leaning on. because without air... the car will just idle funny and die... only thing i can think of is something to do with stock air intake... the mas. tb . or iac

because on my turbo car.. if i a coupler came off... there would be a massive air leak making my car choke for air. and finally just die out on me. stalling the car.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:44 AM

THANK YOU! You did it my friend... Dissconneted the battery for 45 minutes and let it idle with everything (including compressor) on for 15 mnutes, and problem solved. Ran just like it used to!
But here's the new thing... As many of you have experienced with the stock stereo (I'm sure), I've been locked out now and need a code which I don't believe I have. I took care of this problem on my dsm by getting the serial number on the back and taking it to a dealer. Is this the only way to go about it? I'm gonna do a search right now. Thanks again everyone!
-Greg

Old 03-16-2007, 01:50 AM

try checking your manual... maybe they might of put the radio code on there *previous owner* ifn ot dealership is the way to go... or i can sell you mine cheap with code haha =D

Old 03-16-2007, 01:52 AM

anytime man anytime =D

Old 03-16-2007, 01:52 AM

haha, well, how much?

Old 03-16-2007, 01:54 AM

do you have the 6disc changer the double din one or the single din? i have single din and no disc changer.. just pay for shipping

Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 AM

but before i do that.. i must find my code and the cdplayer haha its been a while since i seen it.

Old 03-16-2007, 01:57 AM

it has a six disc. sorry, what's din?

Old 03-16-2007, 01:58 AM

and we are talking about a 3g stereo, right?

Old 03-16-2007, 02:03 AM

ill explain later haha... but call the dearship tom. its free just have the serial code. i just talk to my tech over there. also... to take off the radio in the car.. the center bezel.. the one that holds the 2 vents and radio... 2 screws onthe bottom of the bezel... bottom right and bottom left.. take them out... then you have 4 screws that hold the radio in.. you will need a philips for the 6 screws. get the serial... call the stealership. the will give it to you FREE yes i said FREE amazing with the stealership =D and install back.. then you should be ready to go that is all =D

Quick Reply: 3g eclipse dying when I stop... Please Help!