3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Heater blows cold at time

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Default RE: Heater blows cold at time

Saw this on another forum posted by jason45:
----------------------
many import cars have this problem and here is the answer, i cannot take credit for this
i am only passing on the good word posted on club3g forums. air is traped in your heater core still! and at idle its not flowing. this radiator funnel worked for many 3G'ers
including myself and it takes about 20-30min. w/ the car at idle.

"originally posted by manybrews"

this is what Im talking about, and its nearly impossible to bleed ANY manufacturers cars these days without one.
You need to have the source of the coolant at a higher point than any other part of the cooling system, and eventually it will bleed (though it takes a LONG , LONG time).

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...CAT591_pg2.htm

Old 12-29-2020, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by spf2000
Saw this on another forum posted by jason45:
----------------------
many import cars have this problem and here is the answer, i cannot take credit for this
i am only passing on the good word posted on club3g forums. air is traped in your heater core still! and at idle its not flowing. this radiator funnel worked for many 3G'ers
including myself and it takes about 20-30min. w/ the car at idle.

"originally posted by manybrews"

this is what Im talking about, and its nearly impossible to bleed ANY manufacturers cars these days without one.
You need to have the source of the coolant at a higher point than any other part of the cooling system, and eventually it will bleed (though it takes a LONG , LONG time).

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/...CAT591_pg2.htm
mine doing same thing hot one min than ice cold I did open the cap running and could see a few bubbles I think I did not let it idle long enough this car sat 7 year's up tell June had great heater than just a started this out the blue