3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Not sure what to do

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Default Not sure what to do

Alright just finished applying the last coat of clear coat on my fiberglass form fitting boxes for my 2000 eclipse. I want to mount both amps on the back fold down seat but im not too sure how to go about running the 12V+ line to the Battery w/o making a big wire mess in the car. I know you've all done this but to much less avail i have no ideas. Give me a hand would ya!!!! Thanks.

Chris.

Feel free to call me too if you are comfortable

1-440-666-7821

Old 03-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Default RE: Not sure what to do

Get some 6 gauge wire and run it through the fire wall via the grommet for the wiring harness for the fuse box, then send it under the stomp pad where it meets the carpet, then into the trunk. Its only a mess when you have everything apart afterwards it looks like normal. Just get creative on hiding wires.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Dude you live in northeastern Ohio? Which city? I used to live in P ville, Mentor, Andover, Wickliffe, and Mentor.

As for running the wires yeah it's not hard to hide them at all. Get some big guage wire and run it if you feel comfortable drilling holes in your seat (Being that you'll be mounting the amps to the seat) drill you a hole in the seat and use a coathanger to pull the wires through. Otherwise run the wire to the carpet and make a hole there for the wire to come in then run it in the split between the seat bottom and the side wall piece. Then pull up the kickplate on the door and run the wires along the body seam and cover it with the kickpad again. Then run the wire through the firewall like Slow said and to the battery. The ground just find a screw or bolt in the back of the car to connect to. The RCA's run with the power line and instead of going through the firewall run them behind the dash being careful that they won't get caught up in any of the moving parts (Pedal, steering column AC controls if you should decide to run the lines on the driver's side).

Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Dude you live in northeastern Ohio? Which city? I used to live in P ville, Mentor, Andover, Wickliffe, and Mentor.

As for running the wires yeah it's not hard to hide them at all. Get some big guage wire and run it if you feel comfortable drilling holes in your seat (Being that you'll be mounting the amps to the seat) drill you a hole in the seat and use a coathanger to pull the wires through. Otherwise run the wire to the carpet and make a hole there for the wire to come in then run it in the split between the seat bottom and the side wall piece. Then pull up the kickplate on the door and run the wires along the body seam and cover it with the kickpad again. Then run the wire through the firewall like Slow said and to the battery. The ground just find a screw or bolt in the back of the car to connect to. The RCA's run with the power line and instead of going through the firewall run them behind the dash being careful that they won't get caught up in any of the moving parts (Pedal, steering column AC controls if you should decide to run the lines on the driver's side).

if i'm not mistaken, 44017 is berea, i live in strongsville not even 10 minutes away

Old 03-23-2006, 05:21 PM

i ran mine from the battery to the rubber grommet in the firewall where the wiring harness goes through like "slow420" said, then ran it under the dash. from there i ran it along the driver side of the car under the carpet, after that i ran it up under the back seat and around the side of the carpet lining where they fold down.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:22 PM

gonna do it in about an hour i'll let ya know how it went. I could use the company if your local!!

Old 03-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

I'm a bit far away now. I'm in Virginia for the time being. And I didn't know the 440 area code went all the way to Berea... I thought it stayed up from Wickliffe to the edge of Ohio... I was in the 44003 zip code for most of my life myself.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:04 PM

Im really having a hard time withe this. I cant find any gromet or open port through the firewall. im out at the garage and running out of time. Help!! Call me 4406667821