3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

v6 eclipse turbo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Default v6 eclipse turbo!!!!

i want to know if anyone out there has a turbo kit for the 01 v6 gt?i know the ones like www.tearstone.com and www.turbokits.com. But has anyone bought one from these websites? And if so how r u running? If all else fails then im going evo 8 or 9. holla back.

Old 11-20-2005, 04:24 PM
Default RE: v6 eclipse turbo!!!!

i have heard of alot of problems with the DDP kit that is sold at www.turbokits.com. however, there are alot of good things being said about the turbo kits sold by tearstone at www.tearstone.com. if i was getting one, i would get mine from tearstone. ive talked with him a number of times and hes a good guy.

Old 11-20-2005, 07:09 PM

Id Highly recoment the tearstone kit. he is local to me in FL. and a few guys are using it. it is top quality and perfect fit garenteed.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:28 AM

Their is a bigt difference between a fast car thats a good daily driver and a fast car thats a terrible daily driver. If your going to want a daily driver go for the evo. If you just want a fast car check out the boosted gt. Reason: When you boost a n/a car its going to be prone to breaking where a factory boosted car will not be so much. Also part throttle in a closed loop fuel system is terrible for the car where the evo's ecu can adjust to that and prevent detonation.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: slow420a

Their is a bigt difference between a fast car thats a good daily driver and a fast car thats a terrible daily driver. If your going to want a daily driver go for the evo. If you just want a fast car check out the boosted gt. Reason: When you boost a n/a car its going to be prone to breaking where a factory boosted car will not be so much. Also part throttle in a closed loop fuel system is terrible for the car where the evo's ecu can adjust to that and prevent detonation.
tearstone has been running his GT turboed for over 2 years with no problems....as have many other boosted GT's. tuning the closed loop isn't all that hard.

why does everybody think that the Evo is god's gift to cars?

Old 11-21-2005, 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

tearstone has been running his GT turboed for over 2 years with no problems....as have many other boosted GT's. tuning the closed loop isn't all that hard.

why does everybody think that the Evo is god's gift to cars?
I dont i would take a sti over an evo any day, its just what the kid was looking for. ITs not hard to tune closed loop if you have a satnd alone, which is expensive as hell. Plus **** awlays breaks when you boost a car, its invenatable... ask emonz I bet he can shine some light on the subject

Old 11-21-2005, 01:08 PM

but this is the reason there is hardly no advancement for this platform. everybody tells a newbie to sell his car and get an evo/gst/gsx if they want a turboed eclipse.

in my opinion, the turbo kit that tearstone sells is the best on the market. there is no need to buy an evo unless you just want an evo. if thats the case, then you should sell your 3G. if you are looking to turbo your 3G, there are options and you don't need to buy an evo just to have a turbo.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:56 PM

OK I can shed some light here.... Tearstone kit is Top quality and has only had 1 "failier" to date which he fixed before the car got to far away, which just happened to be a GTS and the owner I think needed the car done in only a few days Russ didnt just allow him to leave unknowingly either he told him without more time the car isnot going to be what it should. needless to say the owner of the car needed it back he drove a few hundred miles and spun a bearing. The GTS can only take 6PSI before your getting into danger zone. the GT can take 8-9 PSI all day long and be 100% safe for a long time. 8-9 PSI is going to get it around 320WHP maybe more that all depends on tune and what not. To take a GT eclipse which now a days goes for what $12k and toss in $4k worth of a turbo and go from 160WHP to 320WHP is better than the EVO in that respect. the EVO youll pay $25K for and toss in about $2000 worth of stuff to get there.

The thing is the 3G can NOT stop or corner without major help and the EVO we all know that is what is about. as a daily driver (not assumeing that you floor it all the time) the 3G is more comfy to be honest. The EVO is very rough and hard to keep straight it fallows any little dip in the road. and at idle the EVO is rough and loud compared to any 3G I have seen. but when it comes to bottom end capability the EVO will be able to see 500+WHP before you need to worry and the 3G gt can take maybe 350WHP before the pistons are going to give up(the ROds will be ok for 500WHP) all in all it is easyer to take an EVO to high #s and yes it would be more reliable at only 320WHP but the 3G gt isnt all that unrelieable at that either. there are alot of guys running between 5-12PSI on stock motors on those cars and never seen any trouble... Russ(tearstone) has had his Xtech kit on his car ofr years now he drives it every day and it runs top notch he has had it between 5.6-9 PSI the entire time.

The tearstone kit will not give you trouble as long as the installer knows what they are doing, if it is in tearstones shop allow him enough time to get every thing correct before it drives off.

I have owned a GS 3G , a GT 3G and an EVO so I can tell you from experience which is better for a daily driver not to mention the EVO has no cruise Controll.

and as an EVO driver saying youll take an STi why is that? just curious. I wanted an STi badly then found out there motors are very weak and we are talking no much better than the 3G GT at all. the STis can only get aroung high 300WHP or low 400WHP before the crack pistons, and that is what drove me to the EVO

Old 11-21-2005, 11:45 PM

but this is the reason there is hardly no advancement for this platform. everybody tells a newbie to sell his car and get an evo/gst/gsx if they want a turboed eclipse.

in my opinion, the turbo kit that tearstone sells is the best on the market. there is no need to buy an evo unless you just want an evo. if thats the case, then you should sell your 3G. if you are looking to turbo your 3G, there are options and you don't need to buy an evo just to have a turbo.
I love seeing boosted n/a cars, I just dont want him to make the same mistake i did. Ya its costs alot, but its well worth it.

Also I have no doubt that the tearstone kits are awseom, its the car that I worry about lol.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:09 AM

I love seeing boosted n/a cars, I just dont want him to make the same mistake i did. Ya its costs alot, but its well worth it.

Also I have no doubt that the tearstone kits are awseom, its the car that I worry about lol.
Well the 6G72 in the GT eclipses is fine. the stock internals will hold up perfect with 7-9PSI all day long. any thing more than I say get new pistons and youll be good for alot then

Quick Reply: v6 eclipse turbo!!!!