3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

v6 eclipse turbo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Default RE: v6 eclipse turbo!!!!

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

OK I can shed some light here.... Tearstone kit is Top quality and has only had 1 "failier" to date which he fixed before the car got to far away, which just happened to be a GTS and the owner I think needed the car done in only a few days Russ didnt just allow him to leave unknowingly either he told him without more time the car isnot going to be what it should. needless to say the owner of the car needed it back he drove a few hundred miles and spun a bearing.
you must be talking about Crow. last i heard, they never really determined what caused the spun bearing. they believed that when the car was in an accident, it had caused minor engine damage. Once he put the turbo on, that just compounded the minor problems into big problems. i wouldn't really say its was anybodys failure.

the Evo doesn't have cruise? damn, that sucks.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:40 PM
Default RE: v6 eclipse turbo!!!!

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

ORIGINAL: EMonz57

OK I can shed some light here.... Tearstone kit is Top quality and has only had 1 "failier" to date which he fixed before the car got to far away, which just happened to be a GTS and the owner I think needed the car done in only a few days Russ didnt just allow him to leave unknowingly either he told him without more time the car isnot going to be what it should. needless to say the owner of the car needed it back he drove a few hundred miles and spun a bearing.
you must be talking about Crow. last i heard, they never really determined what caused the spun bearing. they believed that when the car was in an accident, it had caused minor engine damage. Once he put the turbo on, that just compounded the minor problems into big problems. i wouldn't really say its was anybodys failure.

the Evo doesn't have cruise? damn, that sucks.
YA im not saying its was a faliure but it is the only one that did break after the added power. I know it was in a front end collision and all but it still broke adding the turbo kit and would have with any type of HP gain that big.

Ya the EVO has no cruise it sucks for long trips. I drove it from Fl. to Ma. 1500 Miles worst trip ever. Thats why I say a more comfy ride is the 3G because after about 200 MIles straight in the EVO your hands and feet go numb because the car vibrates due to AWD and the RPMs at 75 MPH are 3500