3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

window seals, washer pump, and NO HEAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
Default window seals, washer pump, and NO HEAT

Ok..I have a 01 Spyder and like any convertable it has started to leak from around the window seals. Is there a quick easy fix to this problem and how to do it? It's leaking from where the front and rear windows come togather.

The washer pump has stopped working. Fuse is good so that leaves me to believe that the pump is dead. Is this an easy to DIY job? I looked at the service manual in another post and I see the wiper motor in the diagrams, but not where the washer pump is located. I would hate to have to take apart the whole front windshield to trace the water line only to find out that the pump is located somewhere under the hood. Any insight on where it's located and how hard it is to replace?

I recently had the thermostat replaced (because the car was overheating)and now the actual heat isn't working. Not that it's a big deal during the summer, but I'm thinking ahead for the winter because with a 50 min commute to and from work, I don't want to freeze all the way home Is it possible that the mechanic forgot to plug something in somewhere or is this a bigger issue? Yes, the air conditioner works and everything is plugged into the dash controls.

Just trying to figure this stuff out myself because the nearest auto shop is a hour away....yes, I live in the extreme sticks

Thanks for any help you all can provide.