4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

07 Eclipse Spyder - ETACS MODULE FAIL

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2023, 05:57 PM
Question 07 Eclipse Spyder - ETACS MODULE FAIL

I have a 2007 Eclipse Spyder. 104,000 miles and in mint condition. I want to fix a problem that has developed, but am running into a dead end.
The Mitsubishi dealer near us, has diagnosed t a an ETACS Unit that is faulty. I am told there are none available that are new, or after market., and that Mitsubishi does not make them anymore.
I got one from a junkyard near me, took it to the dealer to install and reprogram. They said it programmed beautifully, on everything except the key. So they reinstalled the old one and left me with the original problems.

The problems are that the lights flicker and drain the battery. The horn goes off when you unlock the car with the key and open the door. The fan, radio, lights, and wipers all have to be in the off position when you get out or the battery drains.

i read somewhere that there are other cars brands that used the same ETACS Unit, but I cannot find the article anymore.
Does anyone know of a fix for this? is my local dealer just inept? They said they called the Mitsubishi Tech Line, and they said that there's nothing they can do. I cannot believe that an electronic module cannot be reprogrammed from one car to another. The dealer says they are programmed to the VIN of the vehicle and cannot be changed.

Does anyone know what I can do? Or, what other brands of cars use the same ETACS Unit that is still on the market? Can one be programmed to another vehicle?
What is the number to Mitsubishi Tech Line? I'll call them myself.
Thanks, Skip