4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

4g Front speakers; help!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
4GD
Question 4g Front speakers; help!!!

Ok here's the issue. I have a pair of Pioneers that I want to install in the doors of my Eclipse but the generic stock Rockford Fosgates are housed in a plastic piece that is connected to the speaker and fills up the hole in the door. My question is, has anyone replaced these speakers yet and how did you fill the spaces? Is there a certain piece that is available to purchase to make the speakers fit perfectly or how could I make it to where they fit snugly?? Any info is a big help! Thanks guys! -Dan

Old 06-10-2009, 08:51 AM
4GD

Issue resolved. Installed Pioneer 6 x 9's in the doors and they sound amazing.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:25 PM

Did you have to do much modifying to get them to fit?

Old 07-05-2009, 06:01 PM
4GD
Lightbulb Front door speaker install (6 x 9's)

No not really. I do recommend disconnecting the battery before you take the door panel off.. The hardest part of the install is taking the door panel off. Remember to double check and make sure you take all of the screws and bolts out that are holding the door on. (there is a bolt inside the door handle and you will need a ratchet and possibly an extension to get to. you must pry the cover off of it to get to the bolt). If all the bolts and screws are out, the door panel should easily pop out if you pull hard enough. And remember to disconnect all of the other wires when you disconnect the stock speaker. After that, unscrew the screws holding the stock speaker to the door and then cut the wire that hooks up to it. Then splice the wire and connect them to the speaker and then screw the 6 x 9's into the hole in the door and put the door panel back on. Connect the battery wires back up and all done.