4th Generation This includes all Eclipses built in 2006 and 2007.

top down!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 PM
Default top down!

I'm having difficulty with the convertible top on my 2007 Spyder. My battery died (not sure why) while I was at a car show. After getting a boost, I drove home and tried to close the top, with no luck.

There was a brief sound of the motor (left side) trying to work which stopped after a few seconds. There are no beeps like I've seen mentioned elsewhere but there was a message flasher about the roof. This played out the same for three or four attempts.

So, I had the battery replaced, assuming there may have been a connection. I was surprised when the condition persisted. Now however there is no sound of the motor trying, and no message flashing. There IS a small clicking sound coming from the door switches though!

I know nothing of these cars, so all I've done is check the fuse (dash) and scoured the net. I can't help but feel this is somehow related to the battery but I'm lost. Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've looked for an online shop manual but haven't found anything either. We are a little tight on cash so I'd REALLY like to avoid thew dealership.

Old 09-12-2010, 05:32 PM

fried sensor..my bet

Old 09-22-2010, 02:04 AM

I had same thing happening
Fried sensor was replaced under warrenty

Old 09-25-2010, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Spydah
I'm having difficulty with the convertible top on my 2007 Spyder. My battery died (not sure why) while I was at a car show. After getting a boost, I drove home and tried to close the top, with no luck.

There was a brief sound of the motor (left side) trying to work which stopped after a few seconds. There are no beeps like I've seen mentioned elsewhere but there was a message flasher about the roof. This played out the same for three or four attempts.

So, I had the battery replaced, assuming there may have been a connection. I was surprised when the condition persisted. Now however there is no sound of the motor trying, and no message flashing. There IS a small clicking sound coming from the door switches though!

I know nothing of these cars, so all I've done is check the fuse (dash) and scoured the net. I can't help but feel this is somehow related to the battery but I'm lost. Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've looked for an online shop manual but haven't found anything either. We are a little tight on cash so I'd REALLY like to avoid thew dealership.

Turns out after we disconnected the (new) battery for a few hours, it work again, no problemo! PHEW.