Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

00 eclipse gt infinity system question

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Default 00 eclipse gt infinity system question

hey guys. i just traded in my four wheel drive mud slingin dodge for an 00 eclipse gt. i'd forgotten how fun driving a car is. anyhow, i've only had the car for three days now and im already looking to upgrade the stereo in it. i plan on keeping the infinity head unit and replacing all the factory speakers and then powering them with an amp. after that is done i plan on adding a couple of L5 ten inch solo barics and an amp to power them. anyhow, i know the sizes of the factory speakers but i keep seeing things saying that the factory infinity system is a 7 speaker system. my question is, where's the 7th speaker. i see the two pillar mounted tweeters, the two in the front doors and the two in the back. is there really a 7th speaker or is it just a typo?

thanks
noremacyug

[edit]- also, does anyone have any specs on the infinity setup, such as wattage output of the head unit or is there a external amp powering the speakers rather than the head unit. if there is an amp, where is it. just any info on this system would be great and will deffinately help my install when i get to it.

Old 01-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Default RE: 00 eclipse gt infinity system question

On my 2001 GT there is a center channel, it is just behind the LCD information display on the dash board. I have read that the amp for the infinity system is under the passenger seat, there is a box there but I really can't say for sure since it is just so hard to get to. Your car maybe different since it is a 2000 model so I hope this will help you.

Old 01-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Default RE: 00 eclipse gt infinity system question

alright, thanks. i saw the slots behind the lcd and wondered if that was a speaker but didnt figure it was. i mean, whats the point of a center channel in the thing if it doesnt play dvd's or dvd audio.

anyone have any info on what the color codings are for the stereo?