Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

97 Spyder aftermarket HU install problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Default 97 Spyder aftermarket HU install problems

Hello everyone,

I just received a new Kenwood receiver and an install kit for my 97 Spyder GS-T from Crutchfield. The installation instructions were minimal but the install is quite easy. I, however, have run into a fitment problem with the intall kit. It seems the front upper corners of the kit are too close to the screw holes for the center console therefore preventing the center console's screw tabs from proper seating; the intall kit is too wide. In addition, the bottom of the radio/climate control trim panel is sitting too high because the trim panel's bump stop is hitting the intall kit; might be able to correct by trimming the bump stops.

Called Crutchfield's tech support and they reported no other inquiries with fitment problems for the kit I received. Tech support had me visually confirm the kit I received with the pictures of it on their web site.

Has anyone installed an aftermarket unit with an install kit for a Spyder GS-T? Did anyone have any problems and if you did what was your solution? Thanks for any help.