Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Final pics of Aftermarket NAV install

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 08:17 PM
Default Final pics of Aftermarket NAV install

Does ANYONE know?

<< this ralliart part (Part #: RAY69013 ) is NOT, I repeat NOT a 2DIN kit. Its merely an "ACCENT" kit.

Is the MMCS standard 2DIN? Can I buy the MMCS nav install kit and use it to mount and coveran aftermarket nav ???

Only can mount with one screw using stock bracket.

Nav antenna, I hope the rail doesnt obstruct the sat signal.

The circle is the only place where it could be rigged to mount on the stock braket.

Installed the same cam in the stickied thread

The piece highlighted doesnt come out, I need the MMCS panel, I have no choice.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Default RE: HELP!!! IS THERE A KIT 4 AFTERMARK. 2DIN NAV??????????

Has anyone installed a non mitsubishi radio in there outlander.. if so, how the hell did you do it?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:29 AM

if i remember correctly...07mivec was able to install an aftermarket 2DIN navi unit using the factory dash kit
it wasnt as perfectly snug as the mmcs unit from the factory, but it wasnt bad at all
as to how he was able to integrate the steering wheel audio controls and bluetooth is still unkown to me

Old 11-18-2007, 08:59 AM

Well it looks like 2DIN. So it's not 2DIN at all? Is it small for a 2DIN install?

Old 11-18-2007, 09:53 AM

Its a little accent piece that goes over a 2DIN panel, suggesting that in japan there is such a panel as opposed to JUST the MMCS panel.. however I have searched everywhere and I cannot find it. Im going to japan next month so Ill see if I could find something over there.

if not ill just get the MMCS panel and try to rig it some how..

Old 11-18-2007, 12:18 PM

I would think the nav system has a double din body, but with an extended fascia with all the buttons on the side etc. So the face of it might be bigger than the body. Maybe someone can confirm that...
I say that because the 6-cd unit is definately double-din, and the mounting frame behind the dash fits DIN width perfectly.... But the hole in the OEM fascia is a bit larger than a standard double din. So like goldenboy mentioned... 07mivec did it and has posted some pics - just some gaps on the sides that aren't that bad, and could be filled in with something easily if you were so inclined (like flashing LEDs! ) I'm not sure about the ralliart one... I'd guess again it was the same width (larger than double din) but it's hard to tell from pics. I'll be doing it sooner or later (i have a single din now), and will probably just put some filler blocks wrapped in black felt so you don't notice as much.

Old 11-18-2007, 05:40 PM

Old 11-18-2007, 09:29 PM

The electronic board with the passenger airbag light,it will come off very easy ,just unplug the white band /connector and off course,take the screws out.
How much you've paid for the double din dash board piece?

Old 11-19-2007, 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: cutienoua

The electronic board with the passenger airbag light,it will come off very easy ,just unplug the white band /connector and off course,take the screws out.
How much you've paid for the double din dash board piece?
I tried. It doesnt come off. Maybe I did something wrong.Either way, even if I did manage to pull it out, there is nothing to fasten it to. It would be dangling in behind the accent ralliart piece I have.

Old 11-19-2007, 08:16 AM

Whats the small white looking flex connector on the upper left of the bottom piece.
The Nav Kit is around a few hundred... I will check on my info later today.

Old

Quick Reply: Final pics of Aftermarket NAV install