Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

aftermarket cd/dvd player help

Old 11-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Default aftermarket cd/dvd player help

just bought a jensen vm9312 cd dvd player for my 2001 eclipse. trying to install it myself. i am totally lost with the wiring and stuff. i have a big harness and a little harness coming from my car, a big round wire that was plugged in to the factory cd player. alli have hooked up is the speaker wires and the two power wires. have no clue where to put the ground wire and the pink parking brake wire. and the dimmer illuminator wire. i can plug the player in right now and get a picture but no sound. i have the antenna plugged in and even put a cd in.and the black wire isnt hooked up to anything. sorry if im confusing, im frustrated also. ha ha. thanks guys.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:10 AM
Default RE: aftermarket cd/dvd player help

Do yourself a favor and buy a Metra wiring kit. A Bosche wiring will work fine too (Walmart). There will be no guess work since all the wires are labeled and you won't hack up any of your stock wiring. The wiring kit also eliminates the possibility of shorting something out and popping fuses. That's my suggestion, but it's your call, bro.

Old 11-22-2008, 12:36 PM

oh i have a wiring harness that came with it but it must be the wrong one or something. its for an eclipse but does the infinity system have anything to do with it? cause i have all the wires hooked up that i can beesides the parking brake wire ( i dont know where to put it) and the ground wire that had nothing to connect to. but i dont get sound and i do get a picture and everything seems to work fine on the screen. that little harness coming from the car is the one that i think may be causing the problems cause there is nothing to go to it

Old 11-23-2008, 08:36 PM

well i called crutchfield and it seems that i needed a special harness because of the infinity system. i guess for that big black round wire. hopefully this works

Old 11-25-2008, 10:51 PM

So I won't flame you for not searching becuase my girlfriend is sitting next to me and says I sound like a jerk [:@]. Anyway, here's what needs happen. All 3g Eclipses sound come with an Infinity sound system. There's an amplifer underneath the passenger seat that you'll need to bypass in order to get sound out of your car. Remove the passneger front seat, unplug the amp and remove it as it is useless with an aftermarket unit. You can get 12v constant & ACC from the radio harness, run a new ground wire to the supports behind the radio. The harness underneath the seat is actually a Daewoo harness. The wires don't match, but a DMM and a pop test will have all the wires confiirmed within 5 minutes. There's another thread on here by Dusty with the wire colors. Good luck and please please PLEASE test all your wires before you make connections, and do more than just tape them up. Nothing will cause you (or me, the guy who has to troubleshoot the DIY guy's work) more of a headache than sub-par connections.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 PM

yeah thanks man but i called crutchfield and i ordered the special harness that works with the amp. it was alot easier than bypassing it. i didnt get the right harnesses for the infinity system and it confused the hell out of me. and it sounds like others are confused about the same thing just like i was, according to a few that i did search. i never saw a straight answer for any of them. sorry for the trouble.