Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Audio/Visual Electronics (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-21/)
-   -   HERE IS HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!! (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/audio-visual-electronics-21/here-how-bypass-dvd-overide-20529/)

nippely 07-17-2007 07:00 AM

HERE IS HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!

Well boys and girls, here is the answer to your burning question regarding bypassing the dvd overide on the 08 Lancers and 07+ Outlanders with mmcs head unit. No need for any donations except maybe a thanks or note to say how the mod went.

Contrary to some posts that you just have to ground a brake switch wire, to bypass the dvd overide, you need to install a switch that you can turn on and off and splice that into the green wire with the red tracer as shown in the attached picture (thanks to rdenis for the pic). the wire is located in the plug that sits directly below the cooling fan and the wire you are looking for is roughly in the middle of said plug.

The reason you need to install a switch is because the GPS Navigation also uses this signal to help locate the vehicle. Once you Splice the the switch into this wire, turn the switch off to watch a DVD. when flipping back to the navi screen, you will sometimes see the the vehicle is located some where it shouldnt be (like between 2 city roads and not on one). That's ok, just flick the switch on and the unit will correct itself in a few seconds. I have been testing this for a few days now and it works fine. I have had the safety overide kick in twice while driving and dont know why but I flicked the switch on and off and the picture came back. If you have any problems, Just shoot me a message!

[IMG]local://upfiles/13376/9D0C2A1DDB2844DA83098420D881C05D.jpg[/IMG]

ml8853 07-31-2007 06:41 AM

RE: HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!

Can you take a picture of the wire spliced and where you ran the switch to? Also playing the DVD.

nippely 07-31-2007 09:38 AM

Sorry I wish I had taken photos after installing it. I am not taking the dash apart again though.To simpify it though, all I did is cut said green /w red wire. install a switch where the 3 plugs or spacers on the lower left side of the steering wheel. From that switch, I ran 2 wires that connect to each end of the green wire you have just cut. When I get a chance, I will take photos of the switch and the dvd playing while driving.

Lil Evo 08-01-2007 01:48 PM

Assuming that since the navi uses green/red wire, that it's the DVSS wire?

And I'm thinking that when people said "ground out the emergency brake wire" it's for aftermarket in-dash dvd units, most, if not all single and double din dvd players have a wire that is supposed to be attatched to the parking brake (either a pausitive or negative depending on the brand).

cxt153 08-05-2007 10:43 AM

RE: HERE IS HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!

Just to clarify- When I make the splice do I want to ground the green and red wire? Or just have it open?

DavetintNY 09-22-2007 09:41 PM

I thought that it was the speed sensor that you had to bypass in order for the DVD to work while driving.... do you have better pics?? and are you sure that it is the brake wire that you have to bypass??? can you please explain better??? I don't one to have any problems with the CPU or anything else....... thanks

RMUDBUGS 09-25-2007 05:38 PM

Reread the 1st post. No grounding. Install a switch on the green wire with the red line. To watch DVDs turn switch off. To us NAV turn switch on. Simple. Thanks nippely for your work.

DavetintNY 09-27-2007 02:07 PM

ok so I put in the switch and I could play mi videos fine, but my navigation is all messed up!!! how do I reset the nav?? so that it would go back to the right place where it supposed to be at..... please HELP!!! thanks

RMUDBUGS 09-28-2007 09:29 AM

Acording to the 1st post turn the switch on and the Nav should reset.

Lil Evo 10-09-2007 02:07 PM

the GPS should automatically reset itself as soon as you engage it. Might take a minute or two for the satellites to triangulate your position, but let it be for a few minutes and see what it does. Essentially all you're doing with that VSS wire is tricking the head unit into thinking that the vehicle isn't moving, but you really are. So it'll take a moment or two for the GPS to recaulculate.

puwit321 10-14-2007 08:00 AM

Will this switch also work for the "aux" audio/video inputs of the outlander? This would be nice for my rear view camera which also stops displaying once the vehicle is moving.

Lil Evo 10-14-2007 09:14 PM

Completely different wiring system, the VSS which determines the DVD player's safety measures is easily tricked, because if it sees 0 volts, then the radio assumes that the vehicle is not in motion. So throwing a switch in series would effectivley cut all power to the radios speed sensor and allow for video playback. Completely different story with the reverse cameras. Instead of being switched off when there's power applied to it, it turns on. The backing camera uses the reverse light circuit to activate the camera via 12 volts DC. Throwing a switch inline with that would be a good way to stop the camera from kicking on, but not the other way around. You'd have to apply 12v when the switch is activated, which in all probability will engage your backing lights no matter what direction you are headed or what gear you are in, which in turn could quite easily throw a CEL. So my guess is no, not without completely re-wiring the camera.

gq3312 11-02-2007 10:04 AM

nippely, thanks for helping me out.......
this is the switch I used that I bought from radio shack... http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

I'm also attaching a picture of the actual wire....
https://mitsubishiforum.com/upfiles/...q922212130.jpg

gq3312 11-02-2007 02:53 PM

umm, this bypass didn't work. The computer figured out that it was disconnected and it reconfigured itself......any suggestions? I completely separted the wires after I put the switch in, and it still won't play. It was working initially, but not any more........

brian360 11-02-2007 06:39 PM

As I recall, if you search the archives, someone on the outlander forums (I think it was rdenis) already experimented with removing the speed sensor wire and found the MMCS automatically reverts to using GPS and/or Gyro to determine if the vehicle is in motion. That means you'd have to also cut the GPS antenna wire -- but I can't recommend anybody do that as it will break the shielding (if any) on that wire. And even then, *if* it reverts to the gyro sensor, you'd have to take the MMCS itself apart and disconnect it as well!

Then you have to ask if it is worth losing all Navigation and GPS functions just to get DVD in motion :)

With any luck (and I mean a LOT of luck!) we'll figure out a software fix for it soon...

Lil Evo 11-02-2007 08:09 PM

The software fix might come, but I doubt it'll be legal. There are only a few states left where it's legal to have video playing in the the view of the driver. And even then, it's up to the officer's discression. And the navi's with gyro's are extrememly hard to trick, I still havn't figured it out on the gyro equipped pioneers how to bypass them. Stupid safety laws.

gq3312 11-03-2007 03:20 AM

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'm not really for cutting up the gps antenna. But I'm thinking that there has to be some way to stop power to just the gyro. Wish I could find a wiring diagram for this. It would make it a lot easier to figure out. Post back here if you have any news. I've already got a hole for the switch, so I'm kinda in it for the long haul. Or I just rewire and go buy a new dummy button.

ORIGINAL: brian360

As I recall, if you search the archives, someone on the outlander forums (I think it was rdenis) already experimented with removing the speed sensor wire and found the MMCS automatically reverts to using GPS and/or Gyro to determine if the vehicle is in motion. That means you'd have to also cut the GPS antenna wire -- but I can't recommend anybody do that as it will break the shielding (if any) on that wire. And even then, *if* it reverts to the gyro sensor, you'd have to take the MMCS itself apart and disconnect it as well!

Then you have to ask if it is worth losing all Navigation and GPS functions just to get DVD in motion :)

With any luck (and I mean a LOT of luck!) we'll figure out a software fix for it soon...

faulty100 02-18-2008 08:39 AM

will this work on 07 plate shogun as tv goes off at about 6mph ?????????

Lil Evo 02-20-2008 11:18 AM

No way to kill power to the gyro, runns off the switched accessory lead that powers everything else in the radio/nav/dvd. Sorry bout your luck.

minus 03-01-2008 06:53 PM

has it been confirmed that there is indeed a gyro? and that interrupting the speed sense wire and gps antenna does not work?

Lil Evo 03-03-2008 12:27 AM

NO BYPASS FOR YOU. you don't need to watch a movie and drive at the same time anyway

minus 03-03-2008 02:55 PM

Whoever said I wanted to watch a movie while I was driving? Actually I want to be able to create audio DVD's and be able to access the menu instead of having to change song by song. And i don't have the patience to use the 1x or 2x ripping for the music server.You're right, you don't need to watch a movie while you drive. I thinks it's a stupid idea as well.But you may not want to assume that's why everybody wants to know if it can be done. I just asked two simple questions. That's all.

Lil Evo 03-03-2008 05:11 PM

just bustin your balls newb, don't take life so seriously.

minus 03-03-2008 09:18 PM

Oh, I'm a newb just cuz I only have a couple posts? I've been around here and other forums for awhile (just decided to register recently). I don't post that often. Don't really find a need to post anything thats already been said a dozen times before.

Lil Evo 03-03-2008 10:00 PM

lol, dude......i recomend going to get your blood pressure checked, cuz you're way too uptight. and it's not about how long you've been around other forums, we're a local body here and you are new to it. therefore, you are a newb. and no, there's no need to postwhore, and i appriciate that as much as the next guy, but being an uptight little bitch about the slightest thing is no way to make friends. so sit back, take a deep breath, and relax.

minus 03-04-2008 09:02 AM

Well it looks like you can't say anything rational without taking a shot at someone else, so I'll let you and your "local body" have this place, and take my information somewhere else.

edmorcos 03-16-2008 05:10 PM

Hello, great job!

do you have the wiring harness for the 2008 mmcs in pajeros? do you know where i can find it?

thanks! great job again!

MOMO323 06-27-2008 03:57 PM

Hey Bro thanks for the info...its been almost a year since your original post, i just got my Lancer with the DVD/Navi on it and I was looking for a way to by-pass the viewing setting...I went to a shop here in Glendale and the dude wanted to to charge $500 to change it for me...After I laughed in his face I ran out of there and came across your post...Just wondering if your system still works, its been almost a year I was wondering if you have had any problems with with the bypass?

brian360 06-27-2008 04:16 PM

Do not spend any money! See this thread its as simple as downloading and burning an update CD

https://mitsubishiforum.com/fb.asp?m=226306

MOMO323 06-30-2008 01:00 PM

So I clicked on that link you gave me...It lead to as software download, which I did & now i just burn that to a DVD or Music Cd and play it on my car dvd player?...

I suppose its a software that will allow me to view while in motion correct...

Thanks Buddy!!!

cce4381 07-22-2008 02:35 PM

I have a 2008 lancer with the 20.68 nav version. I tried to use the patch that is on here and it read it fine but said I needed some key??? Any ideas? I leave for a 9 hour trip tomorrow. Please help.

Jan 11-04-2009 07:52 PM

I dont see any picture ...is there any way to re-link it please? :)