Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

HERE IS HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Default HERE IS HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!

Well boys and girls, here is the answer to your burning question regarding bypassing the dvd overide on the 08 Lancers and 07+ Outlanders with mmcs head unit. No need for any donations except maybe a thanks or note to say how the mod went.

Contrary to some posts that you just have to ground a brake switch wire, to bypass the dvd overide, you need to install a switch that you can turn on and off and splice that into the green wire with the red tracer as shown in the attached picture (thanks to rdenis for the pic). the wire is located in the plug that sits directly below the cooling fan and the wire you are looking for is roughly in the middle of said plug.

The reason you need to install a switch is because the GPS Navigation also uses this signal to help locate the vehicle. Once you Splice the the switch into this wire, turn the switch off to watch a DVD. when flipping back to the navi screen, you will sometimes see the the vehicle is located some where it shouldnt be (like between 2 city roads and not on one). That's ok, just flick the switch on and the unit will correct itself in a few seconds. I have been testing this for a few days now and it works fine. I have had the safety overide kick in twice while driving and dont know why but I flicked the switch on and off and the picture came back. If you have any problems, Just shoot me a message!

[IMG]local://upfiles/13376/9D0C2A1DDB2844DA83098420D881C05D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-31-2007, 06:41 AM
Default RE: HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!

Can you take a picture of the wire spliced and where you ran the switch to? Also playing the DVD.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:38 AM

Sorry I wish I had taken photos after installing it. I am not taking the dash apart again though.To simpify it though, all I did is cut said green /w red wire. install a switch where the 3 plugs or spacers on the lower left side of the steering wheel. From that switch, I ran 2 wires that connect to each end of the green wire you have just cut. When I get a chance, I will take photos of the switch and the dvd playing while driving.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:48 PM

Assuming that since the navi uses green/red wire, that it's the DVSS wire?

And I'm thinking that when people said "ground out the emergency brake wire" it's for aftermarket in-dash dvd units, most, if not all single and double din dvd players have a wire that is supposed to be attatched to the parking brake (either a pausitive or negative depending on the brand).

Old 08-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Default RE: HERE IS HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!

Just to clarify- When I make the splice do I want to ground the green and red wire? Or just have it open?

Old 09-22-2007, 09:41 PM

I thought that it was the speed sensor that you had to bypass in order for the DVD to work while driving.... do you have better pics?? and are you sure that it is the brake wire that you have to bypass??? can you please explain better??? I don't one to have any problems with the CPU or anything else....... thanks

Old 09-25-2007, 05:38 PM

Reread the 1st post. No grounding. Install a switch on the green wire with the red line. To watch DVDs turn switch off. To us NAV turn switch on. Simple. Thanks nippely for your work.

Old 09-27-2007, 02:07 PM

ok so I put in the switch and I could play mi videos fine, but my navigation is all messed up!!! how do I reset the nav?? so that it would go back to the right place where it supposed to be at..... please HELP!!! thanks

Old 09-28-2007, 09:29 AM

Acording to the 1st post turn the switch on and the Nav should reset.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:07 PM

the GPS should automatically reset itself as soon as you engage it. Might take a minute or two for the satellites to triangulate your position, but let it be for a few minutes and see what it does. Essentially all you're doing with that VSS wire is tricking the head unit into thinking that the vehicle isn't moving, but you really are. So it'll take a moment or two for the GPS to recaulculate.

Quick Reply: HERE IS HOW TO BYPASS DVD OVERIDE!!!