Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. let's hear about it here.

stereo problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 06:36 PM
Default stereo problem

alright, i thought id post here and see what you guys have to say.. even tho its about my home stereo, not my car..

anyways, heres the situation.
i have an Onkyo reciever and Yamaha speakers. we bought everything about 10 years ago. i brought the system up to my dorm this year and hooked it up to the TV so the tv sound would come out of the speakers. everything was working fine until last week. we were watching tv with the speakers on and out of nowhere, the sound cut out. not completely, but nearly. i can still here some sound coming through the speakers if i turn the reciever up the whole way. nobody bumped the wires or anything. i tried to use the rest of the inputs on the reciever, but i get the same issue with all of them. i visited onkyo's website and found a troubleshooting section for my problem, and it told me to change one of the settings, which i did, and the problem is still there.

anybody have any idea what else could be wrong?

Old 11-08-2007, 06:54 PM
Default RE: stereo problem

cancel that.. i fixed it. the video 2- monitor was on or off or w/e but i pressed it and it works now.. it would help if the troubleshooting said something about that lol