Canada, Over Seas & Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

Don't Buy from Northside Mitsubishi Edmonton

Old 11-06-2010, 08:45 PM
Default Don't Buy from Northside Mitsubishi Edmonton

Warning:
Dont buy from Northside Mitsubishi in Edmonton! The sales manager and finance manager are sleazy car sales people. They will use every crooked trick in the book to get u to buy a vehicle from them and then they will ignore you!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:04 AM

Im sorry you had a ****ty experience, but thanks for the advice, if Im ever in Edmonton I will avoid this location.

Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 AM

I have to be honest, I hate when I hear the term "sleazy car sales people". I work for a Mitsubishi dealership in Nova Scotia and I conduct myself with dignity and integrity.

I don’t know why you feel you were scammed. In many cases people saw they were ripped off because they paid retail price for a car and then had a friend call them idiots for paying full price.

I couldn’t imagine going to the mall and negotiating the price on jeans or going to Sport Check and asking for $300 off a set of goalie pads.

This is a culture that the car industry itself has created but just because you pay retail price doesn’t mean you were “taken”.

There are many other examples where people buy a car and after the fact they notice there wasn’t something in the car they thought was there from the beginning.

We just recently had an example of a customer that purchased a used Mitsubishi Outlander. The sales person, who was two months on the job, showed the customer a new 2011 Outlander and the used 2010. During the presentation of the new 2011 he explained the “Link System” with its hands free Bluetooth function. When he showed her the 2010 he didn’t explain it didn’t have that feature.

He had never sold 2010 Outlander’s new so he assumed it had the feature too because the buttons were there.

After the customer took delivery of the car she wrote a letter to the dealer principal who agreed to pay the $450 to install the option.

My problem with this scenario, and others like it, is that this customer also referred to the salesman as a sleaze. He made an honest mistake and if people already know they will be lied to why do they trust the word of a sleaze? All the information she needed is readily available on different forums and web sites.

I have worked at this dealership for over 7 years and have seen very few examples of “sleazy” behavior. I would even argue that with the reputation we have we try that much harder to be up front and honest with people.

Next time a member decides to paint an entire industry with the “sleazy brush” say exactly why you feel that way so readers can make an informed decision as to weather the dealership is at fault or the writer has un-realistic expectations.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by bender031177
I have to be honest, I hate when I hear the term "sleazy car sales people". I work for a Mitsubishi dealership in Nova Scotia and I conduct myself with dignity and integrity.

I don’t know why you feel you were scammed. In many cases people saw they were ripped off because they paid retail price for a car and then had a friend call them idiots for paying full price.

I couldn’t imagine going to the mall and negotiating the price on jeans or going to Sport Check and asking for $300 off a set of goalie pads.

This is a culture that the car industry itself has created but just because you pay retail price doesn’t mean you were “taken”.

There are many other examples where people buy a car and after the fact they notice there wasn’t something in the car they thought was there from the beginning.

We just recently had an example of a customer that purchased a used Mitsubishi Outlander. The sales person, who was two months on the job, showed the customer a new 2011 Outlander and the used 2010. During the presentation of the new 2011 he explained the “Link System” with its hands free Bluetooth function. When he showed her the 2010 he didn’t explain it didn’t have that feature.

He had never sold 2010 Outlander’s new so he assumed it had the feature too because the buttons were there.

After the customer took delivery of the car she wrote a letter to the dealer principal who agreed to pay the $450 to install the option.

My problem with this scenario, and others like it, is that this customer also referred to the salesman as a sleaze. He made an honest mistake and if people already know they will be lied to why do they trust the word of a sleaze? All the information she needed is readily available on different forums and web sites.

I have worked at this dealership for over 7 years and have seen very few examples of “sleazy” behavior. I would even argue that with the reputation we have we try that much harder to be up front and honest with people.

Next time a member decides to paint an entire industry with the “sleazy brush” say exactly why you feel that way so readers can make an informed decision as to weather the dealership is at fault or the writer has un-realistic expectations.

I just purchased a 2011 outlander and the buying experience was proffessional and courteous. I often had a couple different people helping out, and when I was in the deal room, I was offered water and the ability to take a step back if things were moving too slow. I walked out with a great deal and I take ownership tomorrow. However like any business you are going to have people that do the job right, and then some that dont.

What gets me is people that know they are dealing with people of questionable character, but instead of walking away and taking action, the go ahead on with the sale and let themselves get rail roaded.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by bender031177

I just purchased a 2011 Outlander XLS and the buying experience was professional and courteous. I have purchased 4 new vehicles in 5 years from other manufacturers and this was top notch service. I often had a couple different people helping out, and when I was in the deal room, I was offered water and the ability to take a step back if things were moving too fast and I needed time to sort things out. Even though it was my 4th time in that dealership looking at the same Outlander. I walked out with a great deal and I take ownership tomorrow. However like any business you are going to have people that do the job right, and then some that don't.

What gets me is customers that know they are dealing with people of questionable character, but instead of walking away and taking action, they go ahead on with the sale and let themselves get rail roaded.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:15 AM

I should have read the writing on the wall, I ignored the bad reviews of this dealership and booked anyways... PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF. DON'T MAKE MY SAME MISTAKE!
North Side Mitsubishi service department is shameful! Booked my 48,000km service for 8am and dropped my vehicle off the night before. Showed up the next day to pick up my vehicle at 1pm. It hadn't even been started yet!?!? What is the point of booking an appointment? I was very clear when I booked my appointment that I needed first thing in the morning because I am from out of town (I also was sure to book 2 weeks in advance!). I left without getting my vehicle serviced after sharing my disgust with the service manager. The service manager only game me excuses as to why others took priority over my vehicle and that it would be done by 430pm. I am very disappointed with their service, never to book here again.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Bender : I think I know the salesman you are talking about - He needs more training/experience with Mitsubishi cars, he made some statements that I knew were incorrect about the Outlander and RVR.

Old 12-03-2011, 09:31 AM

It can be hard to find a good salesman. When you find one, and you certainly can, you should stick with him and be loyal. Sometimes visits to different dealerships before you are actively looking to buy can be quite useful especially if there are more than one "nearby". You can, at the least, find out know knows their stuff. I and my wife are quite happy with the dealership in Dartmouth, not so much with the one in Sydney. In support of them we are willing to drive the 5 hrs one way to purchase our vehicles (we have/had 4 mitsubishis) or to get major service done. So as stated you should read all the reviews, do some legwork beforehand and then stick to those who treat you well.