Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

05 galant es cranks no start

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Default 05 galant es cranks no start

05 mitsu. Galant es. Have changed oil as needed nd had to get a new starter but that's was last year. Have had no issues since. Decided to use gumout fuel injector cleaner(have used it on my previous cars ((neon, Aveo, integra)). Did as instructions stated(which a lot of ppl say don't follow now after searching similar problems). After riding about 20mins car oil light came on and car stopped running. Checked oil( had plenty). Tried to run codes with obd-ii(mine is acting like it doesn't want to work). It sounds like fuel is not getting to the engine even if press gas peddle. Found that fuel pump was not working. Changed that and fuel filter. Still cranks but does not start. Have disconnected fuel lines in all spots to make sure it's not clogged. Fuel is passing through. I am stumped. Please help.

Old 03-02-2017, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ashley LaVette Daniels
05 mitsu. Galant es. Have changed oil as needed nd had to get a new starter but that's was last year. Have had no issues since. Decided to use gumout fuel injector cleaner(have used it on my previous cars ((neon, Aveo, integra)). Did as instructions stated(which a lot of ppl say don't follow now after searching similar problems). After riding about 20mins car oil light came on and car stopped running. Checked oil( had plenty). Tried to run codes with obd-ii(mine is acting like it doesn't want to work). It sounds like fuel is not getting to the engine even if press gas peddle. Found that fuel pump was not working. Changed that and fuel filter. Still cranks but does not start. Have disconnected fuel lines in all spots to make sure it's not clogged. Fuel is passing through. I am stumped. Please help.

I have tried to run code again but now the CEL is not on. Will try again nd write update.

Old 03-03-2017, 01:15 PM

Finally a code came up. P0340 CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR will be changing it tomorrow and hope it works.

Old 03-16-2017, 08:40 PM

So changed to camshaft sensor and the crankshaft sensor. Still not getting any start. It's cranking but not starting. Still no help anyone?