Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 shogun 3200 diesel (engine shudder)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Default 2001 shogun 3200 diesel (engine shudder)

Hi guys ,
I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the shuddering on my shogun could be .i have a 2001 3200 diesel auto only 91000 miles with full history, well loved and cared for as it belonged to my 80 year old grandparents who have owned it for 14 years ..the last few months it has developed an intermittent fault .when the car is in drive and I come to a complete stop the car starts to shudder fairy hard, it lasts a few seconds stops and then starts doing it again until I add gas or I flick it into neutral then it stops to.i have taken it to a few garages and they don't seem to have a clue as typically it doesn't do it on the day , I have had them say poss gear box but I don't have any issues with that , its smooth , kicks downs as it should and pulls great.its really strange and feels like the wheels are going to fall off , it's seems to come from the front from under the front seats .i don't know if this is at all related but when in 2wd I only have one green light on the wheel display in the centre of the dash , not sure if that's just a bulb, the front tyres just went bald on the inside edges, when jacked up there was no play in them, it's really hard to work out where the shudder is ... through brakes ? Gearbox? Wheels ? Brakes also work fine , no pulling etc,
Sorry it's so long winded..thanks in advance for taking the time to read this far 😂