Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 RVR Making Noise After Hitting Curb

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 01:02 AM
Question 2013 RVR Making Noise After Hitting Curb

Hi guys! This is my first time posting on this forum. I have a 2013 AWD Cvt RVR and unfortunately I've hit a patch of ice going around a corner and hit the curb at about 30kmh. Main damage was the FR rim but RR was also slightly bent.

So far I've replaced the following:
Right rims
FR wheel bearing and hub
FR cv axle

After the parts were replaced a wheel alignment was done and all the parameters were brought back within the factory specs with no camber plates bolts etc. But one problem still persists and it's a pulsing humming noise coming from the front end of the car. The noise starts at 60kmh goes away 64kmh then again starts louder at 90kmh and goes away 110kmh. It's not dependent on engine load, rpm, transmission gear, awd setting. The only time it changes(apart from vehicle speed) is if I'm making a turn. It seems like the only culprit left is the transmission which if I'm going to replace I want to be sure that it's making the noise. Could I have some suggestions on what else could this be and any diagnosis I could preform?

Thanks