Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 RVR Mp3 Memory Stick not resuming track

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 01:49 PM
Exclamation 2014 RVR Mp3 Memory Stick not resuming track

Hi all, I did a search and didnt find any posts about this, here and online. So heres the issue, I originally had a 8gb memory stick and I put mp3s on it. When I would park the car and turn it off, then later turn the car back on, the stereo would start playing the last mp3 from where it left off. I noticed that after I added more music to the memory stick It would no longer do that. Same with my current 16 gb stick. Im thinking the stereo needs space to make a temp file for an index and also a log of where it left off. My issue is, I dont know how much space I need to leave open on the stick, I left almost 4gb from my 16gb stick free and it still did that. It also takes a longer than usual to load at the start and the songs (i guess you could say) skip occasionally. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks

Old 11-26-2014, 08:24 PM

Organize your music into folders, don't put too many tunes in the one folder.

When you want to play, select your folder etc.

Next time when you start it will follow on from where you left off.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:44 AM

I do. They are all in individual folders. Dance, rap, metallica , Pantera etc... There's the root directory and then a bunch of folders is it. But I don't have any sub folders because I notice the stereo doesn't organise them that way. When ever I make sub folders in just shows them all on the main list all out of order. Do you think it's because I have too many folders?