Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Galant enging shaking & shut down

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 10:20 PM
M
Default 94 Galant enging shaking & shut down

I originally posted this on 'Galant' section. I couldn't get any response there so I decided to post it here as well....

My 94 Galant started to have this very odd problem. After a few minute of driving, engine just 'shuts down'. It starts out by really bad shaking motions and eventually ends up with the complete shut down of everything. I can restart the engine by taking a couple of minutes off after the shut down, but the same problem happens all over again after next few minutes of driving.

I checked everything (ignition and battery and all that), and I couldn't find anything wrong. Even repair shop guys couldn't point out what's causing the problem.
The repair shop guys said that there might be something wrong with an engine relay and/or distributer, so I've replaced the relay but no effect so far. Now I'm planning to change the distributer as well, but I would really appereciate if anybody has experienced this kind of problem before and could help me how to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.