Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

99 eclipse factory radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Default 99 eclipse factory radio

Greetings. I have a 99 eclipse rs with a factory am/fm CD radio thats coded on me. I purchased the car used and don't have the code cards for it. I need to know how to pull the radio so I can get the serial off the back w/o messing up the dash. I've never pulled a radio from a car in my life, so while the question sounds stupid, it's not. I would prefer not to damage my pretty new to me used car if I can avoid it.

Also, whoever owned the car before me apperently did some changes to it. There is a cold-air intake installed and from the sucky milage I think possibly some other mods may have been done to it. if I take it in and have it put on a machine will they be able to tell me if it's had a chip replacement (or flash)?

I'm a total newb to these newer cars, heh. Give me a 77 toyota celica and I can take it apart and put it back together blindfolded, give me a new car and I look at the engine and scratch my head going.. wtf is THAT for??? So any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Dragon

Old 11-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Default RE: 99 eclipse factory radio

all u have to do is take the plastic off (just pull it...it kind hard but its not going to brake) that gose around the radio and the AC controls. next ur going to have to take ur entire center concel of ur car off ....
1.pull the ash tray up... there are 2 screws under the ash tray u pull that up and unscrew the screws
2.slide ur seats up on the way and on the back of the center theres 2 screws
on each sides of the center peice. take them off also.....
3.Gently pull the whole center up...but there cigg lighter is going to be connected
with a wire.... you can disconnected or just leave it like that.
4. there are going to be 2 screws on each side of the radio take them off and there
you go.....
And if u dont wanna do all this you should take it to the dealer and ask
them if they can tell you the code......
Hope u understand my confusing instructions....haha i tried