Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Default air conditioning

hi, my ac doesnt work in my 2003 lancer. when i turn it on the compressor switch is making a clunking sound and the engine goes from 2000 to 4000 rpm. whenthe acis off i do not have these problems. when i let the car idle and run the aci still have the problems. any ideas on what the problem is (i think it is the compressor or compressor switch but i am no mechanic) and how to fix it

Old 09-28-2007, 04:33 AM
Default RE: air conditioning

run the car with the ac running find the bigger pipe that goes into the compressor and fell it if it's not cold then either (1) the clutch is not engaged or (2) the compressor is buggered or the system has leaked all the gas.

(1) get a volt meter and set it dc volts or if there is only pictures the straight line or the dashed line. put the red into the wire that feeds the clutch and the blach to the car body if there is continues 12v electricly the car is fine. if the 12v cuts in and out rather quick then the car is (2) low on gas. if there is no voltage then there is something wrong electronicly.

(2) if the clutch has continus 12v to it and it still doesn't work feel the pipes going into the compressor and if they are hot and cold then there is somthing wrong with the indoor fan/duct. if clutch is gone then the compressor will not run and the car will idel high cuz there is no load from the compressor..

any im sick typing try this and report back.