Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Brake/Battery light on..Eclipse

Old 05-31-2009, 07:48 PM
Question Brake/Battery light on..Eclipse

Hello. I have a problem with my 2001 eclipse gt with a little over 78000 miles. Until rescently i had really no problem with the car. Then i had an oil leak which came from the valve cover. The replaced that and that was the end of that headache. Now about 3 days later my brake and battery light came on and flickered on and off. Then it just stayed on for a while. I parked the car at home let it sit then turned it on a day later. The lights were not on, so i thought nothing of it. I drove it and it seemed fine, then i had the rpm's over 5000 then the lights came on again. They flickered and did the same thing again. Now they are on more constantly, coming on when i go over bumps and when rps are higher. I had a tech tell me that it is a bad connection because it does not constantly stay on but i was reading and heard it may be a bad alternator. I don't now which one it is and i would really want to get this figured out. OH and i have driven the car for over 200 miles with the lights flickering on. So if the alternator was bad...i think it would of died by now. So any advice would be greatly appreciated!