Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Brand new 2011 Lancer did not start!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Default Brand new 2011 Lancer did not start!

You can imagine what I could've felt the moment it happened. So I purchased a brand new 2011 Lancer GTS this past Friday, drove it home and parked. Saturday morning (after an overnight rain), I went to start the car and it wouldn't start! All the indicator lights worked, engine cranks, but it did not start until a third turn of the ignition. This occurred a second time in the afternoon.

My initial thought was that this was a new battery and was still weak without a charge during a cold start. But for a brand new car...really? Anyways, a friend of mine had also purchased a brand new 2010 Lancer DE several months ago which had the same problem but has been fine ever since.

Currently, it's Monday and I haven't come across this problem again luckily. So I was wondering, can this be normal for a new car? Has anyone else come across this problem, or have I been stuck with a lemon?

Thanks for any thoughts or advice.

Old 03-21-2011, 11:15 PM
Banned

You need to take this up with your dealer immediately. Make them aware of the situation, and start documenting every occurrence of this issue you encounter. Also make sure you document every dealership call, visit, service, etc. If you're forced to pursue things in the future this will be detrimental to your case.