Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant turn of my alarm!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Default cant turn of my alarm!!

I just bought a 99 eclipse gst. Went out one night, opened the door, and the horn started honking repetitively. I thought it was the panic button, but that didnt help. The car started, and so I drove it home with the horn blaring. I ended up taking out the fuse for the horn, but the headlights still flash as though the alarm is still going off. I cant find any kill switch and I want to know how to turn this off properly (besides disconecting the battery). Is this a stock alarm system? Has this happened to anyone else? Any help would be great. Thanks

Old 07-14-2004, 05:25 PM
Default RE: cant turn of my alarm!!

hahahaha, yeah, that **** happened to me too.. cept when I pulled the fuse for the horn, I found that there is a second horn somewhere... so it still was going.. Try putting the key into the drivers side door, lock/unlock...that should work. Ididn't want it to happen again so I went out and bought a real alarm.. GO CLIFFORD 2 WAY! haha!

but yeah, its LOUD AS HELL, and a little embarrassing, cause you are trying to shut that **** down and can't even when you turn on the car

Old 07-19-2004, 11:22 AM
Default RE: cant turn of my alarm!!

put the key into the door and unlock the car... has a passive alarm... but goes active if you lock it and leave a window open and unlock from the inside... i did that in my garage one night... just put the key into the door and unlock the car...