Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Challenger issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Default Challenger issues

HI,
I have a 2001 challenger (which I think is a very under rated 4wd). Recently I did a fairly sharp UTurn at a junction and the warning light for the anti lock brakes came on and stayed on. Everything seems to work fine but I cannot get this light to go off. In addition to this the Green 4wd indicator flickers on and off.
Has anyone experienced this before or has an idea of what the issue is.
Thanks

Old 05-16-2014, 05:57 AM

Maybe it has a computer code error ?

Suggest you try clearing OBD 11 ( 2) codes with a scanner.

I have a ELM 327 SCANNER and it is very suitable for the Challenger ( mine is a 2001 model ( Right Hand Drive ) actualy the scanner diagnoses the computer system and displays the fault and fault code for you, then you can clear them on the spot.
It can also be done without a scanner by shorting the pins on the OBD 11 plug/socket (wich is located within 3 feet of the steering wheel UNDER the dash board )
WARNING : Check on the internet to see wich pins to use first if you don't have a scsnner ) This May also clear the 4 WD green light problem also. If it does'nt or re-occurs the problem IS with the 4WD actuators where the rubber hoses connect to it.
I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM with the 4WD green light coming on and staying I replaced both of them and never had a problem since ( 2 yrs ago )
want more info if I can help just message me..

PS: Iam a licensed Motor Engineer ( aka Motor mechanic )