Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch is TOAST - Time for UPGRADE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Default Clutch is TOAST - Time for UPGRADE!

Ok here's my dilemma!! Along with my Headers & Exhaust question in the other post, I also need to change my clutch!!

I have on order a Fidanza 3.2 Clutch Kit & Lightweight Flywheel (the 3.2 is apparently their version of a stage 2 clutch). Now, the problem here is that I have to wait 2-3 weeks for this clutch kit (comes with discs, plate & release bearing) BUT the flywheel won't get sent out for a couple months or so because they need AT LEAST 10 ppl to sign up for one, and so far it's only ME on the list... [:@]

Now, apparently ACT makes a stage 2 clutch kit and flywheel that I could get from my performance store here in 2 days, BUT the kit doesn't come with the release bearing (would have to get one sent from the Mitsubishi dealer 4 hours away from here).

What should I do? Wait it out for the Fidanza clutch and order a diff't flywheel? Just order the ACT clutch and the flywheel and then get the bearing from my dealership? WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!?

It's a 2002 Eclipse GT (3.0L V6)... If anyone has any ideas or advice PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE pass it on!!! I'm new to the site and definitely don't know much about the Mitsubishi makes as this is my first one (just bought last year)!!! Thanks everyone!!

Blake....