Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Clutch/Tranny Problem HELP!!??

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Default Clutch/Tranny Problem HELP!!??

Ok guys, I have a 94 3000 Gt SL, Shes my baby, only 80k miles, and heres the deal.

I was driving my car and i was on the expressway doing about 65-70, Now dumbass *** me was talking on the phone while distractively shifting my gear into 2nd, I let off the clutch and as you could guess it reved high and made a ugly little sound. I threw it neutral as soon as i could. And tried to put the clutch back in, the clutch engaged alright, But I couldnt put it in any gear, I tried fourth, then 5th, And then i heard a grinding sound and it wouldnt engage. I rolled off to the side and let it sit for about 10 minutes, Tried again and I managed to get it in first, and then second very stiffly. I nourished it all the way home but it still grinded a little bit. the clutch feels different now, i havent even dared to drive it, but i started it and the clutch felt a litlle looser pressure, and a little bit shakey, which led me to believe it could be a master cylinder blowout/leak. now i dont know where the hell my clutch master cylinder is located so i can check for a leak. There was no leak on the inside of my firewall.

SO my question is, How do i Assess the problem and find out if i need a new clutch, Master cylinder, Tranny Etc? Im sure this is cake for some of you guys but I myself am not a mechanic lol.

Thank you, and I will appreciatte any help.