Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crunch sound wheel?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Default Crunch sound wheel?

Hey guys,

I have a 2005 Lancer which was in a car accident a few months ago. The lady hit my car while it was parked, steering was locked and my car got hit for a spin. The drivers side was hit and both driver and passenger doors had to be replaced. I have taken it to my insurance company twice now about the problem and they still can't fix it. Ever since the accident, my cars has been making weird crunch/ screech noises every time I drive on a bumpy rd, over a speed up, drive out of a drive way and even when I take left turns. It sounds like it is coming from the front drivers side wheel, but I also noticed sounds from the back of the car. I took it to a Mitsubishi dealer in Heidelberg, they checked the suspension and recommended me to get a wheel alignment. Got the wheel alignment done today and the problem is still there. I'm not sure if its shocks or springs that need to be replaced. I think my steering may be damaged as well. If anyone can offer advice, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks