Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

DPF system fault

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2019, 09:32 PM
Default DPF system fault

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can shed a little light:
I have a 2014 diesel Outlander. I had the check DPF system warning light come on and the vehicle went into limp mode. After 2 weeks of stuffing around I was told I needed the DPF replaced. Got that done and 2 weeks later same issue. $4k + out of pocket now limping along the Hume Fwy to get home (again - happened in almost the same spot too).
Have I just paid to have a part replaced that's not faulty (doubtful they will ever admit to that anyway) ?
Would there be any connection to it raining quite substantially both times?
The part was replaced by Mitsubishi so will be going back there but just wondering if anyone has had similar issues?

Thanks
Jane

Old 07-23-2021, 08:08 AM

Hey guys! Been scouring the internet for some info regarding the power loss issue for the 2.0 VAG engine stuck in my 2007 Outlander II and found this forum which has been extremely helpful for which i am most grateful of the kind ppl here.
The issue started with power loss "limp mode" at 3-3.5k rpm in 5th or 6th gen while cruising , nothing good until turned off and then back on , the error was P0234. According to several ppl here, the MAP sensor was indeed showing values a bit higher than normal and therefore i replaced it (under left headlight , front wheel arch off and 2x10m bolts to remove , around 20 eur Bosch part). The issue still there after replacing and decided to check the play on the VNT valve which is spring-loaded and a pig to check so I went for a turbo removal altogether. The VNT part of the turbo was broken as in the small lever actuated by the vnt valve was moving freely which led me to believe the vnt vanes were broken or seized or something like that.
Decided to replace the turbo unit with a refurbished one from QWP which was around 300 eur with the mounting kit which is a must have bcz of the metal gaskets and the bits and bolts. Again , thanks to this forum thread , don't order the part from Mitsubishi cause it's stupid expensive and instead go for QWP or a manufacturer which goes by VAG codes cause it's almost half price for the same thing.

Long story short: If you get an overboost error P0234 , first replace the MAP sensor and if the same , replace the turbo. Replacing the turbo is quite labor-intensive due to rather difficult places to reach but it can be done. While doing this, i suggest changing the coolant and engine oil + all the filters.

Thanks and cheers!