New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

P0234 - Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 04:05 PM
Default P0234 - Limp Mode

Hi,

This is my first post on here and I'm really hoping someone out there has an answer for my long ongoing issue with my C-Crosser / Outlander 2.2.
There are, I believe several concurrent issues and I'll list them all, and what's been rectified so far, in the hope that there's a common thread that one of you experts out there recognises.
Issue 1: On and off over the last couple of years it has been holding back on motorway driving. Normally I put my foot down and it picks up fine. Also always idles fine it just seems to occur at around 2-3k revs.
Issue 2: DPF filter clogged warning came on. I was advised by Citroen that this would cost me £1.2k as I'd probably need a new DPF and a new Eolys tank as they are prone to breaking (my car has covered 135k miles). I opted for a DPF removal and ECU tweak at £400. This issue I believe is now sorted.
Issue 3: Rear EGR valve failure. This was again rectified with a removal (blanking off) and ECU tweak. I also believe this is now sorted. Well it doesn't show up on the OBD anymore.
Issue 4: My car is going into limp mode when warm. I can reset by turning off / turning on ignition but will go again into limp mode again shortly after. OBD is showing P0234 which is listed as a 'Turbo overboost'. A more detailed description advises that this is typically due to the wastegate not operating correctly.

To summarise, Issue 1 & 4 are still regular visitors and would appreciate any support on what can be done to sort these out once and for all!

Many thanks