Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Help! GX3 4WD & ASC system service required (plus limp mode)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2018, 08:18 AM
Default Help! GX3 4WD & ASC system service required (plus limp mode)

Hi guys,

I was hoping for some help. I recently bought (7th September 2018) a 64 plate GX3 Outlander (diesel) with c.44,000 on the clock. Within 3 days of driving it, it went into limp mode and the 4WD and ASC system service lights came on. I pulled over and restarted the engine which stopped the warning lights and took it out of limp mode (engine management light remained).

To cut a long story short, it's been back to the dealer (not a Mitsubishi dealer) 4 times now and every time it comes back, within 24hrs it's back to the same issue. Dealer reckons after they've "fixed" it, they drive it with no issues (they've certainly clocked up plenty miles on it!) but we have the issues within such a short space of time upon its return that it seems very fishy to me.

We've given them plenty of opportunities to fix the issue and are now pushing for a refund which they are obviously trying to prevent. They'd even suggested to my partner that I must be pressing a button to cause the problem! It has always happened in the 4WDeco mode as I've only ever driven it on tarmac so far. We've never changed any settings any time they've dropped it off.

I'm stressed beyond belief with the situation and wondered if anyone had had similar issues so I can go back to the dealer forearmed.

What they say they've done so far - changed MAF sensor, aligned tracking, put on all matching tyres (they were sure this was the issue as they had put on two different brands of tyres when they'd prepped the car before I collected it). They also reckon they sent it to Mitsubishi for a full health check which was fine (although I've not received any paperwork for this yet!).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Sacha

Old 04-10-2021, 11:45 AM

Hi,
Did you get it resolved?
I've just bought the same gx3 and it's started the same behaviour.

Regards
Lee

Old 04-10-2021, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mrlee32
Hi,
Did you get it resolved?

Regards
Lee
is your engine oil level ok

Old 04-24-2021, 03:13 PM
Default Limp Mode Issues

Hello fellow Outlanders,

I've had the same issue. If you're driving a diesel as most of us do here in the UK then it's because of a clogged or not properly regenerated DPF filter.

The solution is to purchase a suitable DPF, injector, carbon cleaner and add it to a full tank of petrol/diesel. Then drive on the motorway/highway for a good 30 minutes trying to maintain a revs of 3000. That's usually done the trick for me.

Hope this helps!

Recently, I had an engine Carbon Clean performed on the vehicle. It's a process that takes between 2-4 hours depending on how much carbon deposits have accumuated in your vehicle according to the sophisticated sensors. Naturally, I was qite sceptical of the process at first. But I swear by it now! It's almost made my car as good as new. The process involves dislodging the carbon deposits within the engine chamber and allowing them to naturally exit the vehicle through its exhaust system. I have both newly regained torque and brake horse power.

Old 04-24-2021, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by BooRock

The solution is to purchase a suitabl The process involves dislodging the carbon deposits within the engine chamber and allowing them to naturally exit the vehicle through its exhaust system..
Until a large piece of carbon gets stuck under a valve seat? Or jams a piston ring? Or even blocks the catalytic convertor? I have seen all of these occur after this type of cleaning.

It may be ok to use these products to help keep the engine clean, but on engines with heavy deposits the only safe way is physically scrape away the carbon and remove it with a vacuum.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:31 AM

Hi,
Did you get it resolved?

Regards
Lee
I'd love to know the outcome from your Outlander issue. As I have had mine only 3months and has the exact same issues.

Old 05-25-2023, 04:33 AM

Hi,
Did you get it resolved?

Regards
Lee
I'd love to know the outcome from your Outlander issue. As I have had mine only 3months and has the exact same issues.