Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Eclipse A/C Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Default Eclipse A/C Question

Ok, since we've figured out that the motor in my '96 RS has been changed to a '98 Neon motor, would it be likely that the A/C Compressor be from a Neon as well? It's my understanding that some parts will interchange between the two. The A/C Compressor quit working about 2 months ago. Since it was so close to the winter, I didn't want to spend the extra money having it fixed. Any knowledge is appreciated. Thanks.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Banned
Default RE: Eclipse A/C Question

If it quit working it might just be from a neon

Old 11-01-2006, 10:53 AM

It worked fine for from the day I bought the car. (July '05) Sometime in August '06 it started making a squeaking noise. It sounded as if it locked up. I turned the A/C off. I stopped the car and opened the hood to see what was going on. As I opened the hood I could smell burning rubber. I turned on the A/C for just a minute to see what was happening. Immediately it started to squeal. I then turned the A/C off, and drove the rest of the way home without A/C. (Sucked too!!) How do I determine if this compressor is the Eclipse compressor or the Neon??

I'm sorry if I seem dense when it comes to cars. I've never really had an interest in messing with them until now. Now if you'd like to put a Honda TRX 250R two stroke motor in front of me, that's different.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:53 AM

from what u said the compressor is definetly gone dont worry bout finding witch motor it from it needs replacing if you want ac