Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical issue, glitching - carisma ´02

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Question electrical issue, glitching - carisma ´02

the car

heya, i got a weird problem with my car, Carisma 1,9 di-d hp sport.

the local repairshop and even importer have been unable to find the fault, thus i come to you lot, hoping you can help shed light on this.

it is suffering from a randomly appearing and varying in strength electrical issue.

among other things, it will randomly flash off both internal and external lights for a splitsecond, but it can also decide to make dashboard flash all warning lights and even have some of them stay on, specially ABS light.

other things it can do is make speedo and revcounter drop to 0 in mid drive for a second and then resume normal function, it also screws with radio, making it loose stations and restart cd's (original radio).

we have run tests and found nothing, no generator fault, battery is ok, tryed cleaning groundwire connections, helped for a months time, but i think it might have been more of a fluke.

recently it has started to reset the trip counter when you turn the car off and restart it, only the resettable one though.

if you have any ideas as to what can be causing this problem, plz do let me know. thx.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:51 AM

issue is still not resolved.

a month of no issues after repair shop and BAM, this morning it went full tilt again .. very weird ..

due to the shop in a few days, trying a new generator ..