Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

HELP!!~ transmission?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Default HELP!!~ transmission?!

car is hesitating and shifting hard going from 1st to 2nd gear when accelerating and decelerating. the other gears seem to shift fine. it also gets stuck in gear causing the engine light to come on. the last time the engine light pulled codes reading a transmission control system malfunction (P0700) and P1782 all the dealership just said was the 1700s deal with speed sensor. all fluids are good! the dealership flushed my tranny and said it was fine. but the problem is back and the engine light is on. whistling under the hood but can't find any leaks! ANY ideas on what it could be please help it's been to 3 garages & dealership and no one seems to find anything (:

Old 10-16-2006, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP!!~ transmission?!

Well the P0700 code is just telling you that the TCM is thowing a transmission code. The only way to figure out what the issue is, would be to have the code ran directly from the TCM, which i know a dealer can do, i dont know who else would do it. How are your tranny fluid levels now? Have they gone down at all.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HELP!!~ transmission?!

Ok i found a really good site that i hope can help you out
http://www.plymouthlaser.com/tcucodes.htm
This will allow you to get the codes yourself from your TCM and figure out exactly what its throwing. Keep in mind it could just be a bad TCM. But i would definetly try this

Ive also read that if you go to radioshack that have something that is alot easier to use than a multimeter. All it will do is buzz instead of displaying #'s. If you read the top of the link it says there will be long and short pulses. Well the one that buzzes will be alot easier to use. What it does is does a long buzz for every L at 10 increments and does a short buzz for S at 1 increments. So lets say that it does 2 long buzzes and 3 short buzzes. Then you have 10+10+3=33. then you can use that site to figure out the code and what to replace. Instead of guessing.

BTW did they ever replace your speed sensor?