Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

HELP!!!!!

Old 03-19-2005, 03:33 PM
Default HELP!!!!!

Installed an Injen IS intake system, GRddy Intercooler Piping, and a Greddy RS BOV; at higher range r.p.m's...4-8... the car is running higher boost, and after the blow off, the car shuts off... Everything replaced the stock exactly, except for the BOV. camne with one port to attatch a vaccum line to the the manifold, and it came with extra vaccum line, and two T-connectors...i did not use the extra line and the connectors, so the BOV is just connect to the manifold... what the hell is going on with my car??...any

Old 03-19-2005, 05:49 PM
Default RE: HELP!!!!!

i did that install about 3 years ago so im tryin to remember off the top of my head but i know you need that T and extra hosing. after the T one tube should go to the manifold and the other should go to your boost controller(if you have one ) or between your stock boost control selenoidand turbo wastegate actuator. i have the hks ss bov but the greddy im sure is about the same. see if that fixes it. also, how does your car die, does it just turn off? or do the rpms fall and then it stalls. also are you venting to atmosphere? if you are and your car jus dies maybe you are flooding the engine (rich), if the car jus stalls you have a vacuum problem

Old 03-19-2005, 11:23 PM

It stalls when i run it out, and then as it let engage the clutch, the r.p.m's fall and it stalls; also when i am just plaing driving when i shift, or when i come to a stop and have the clutch engaged, the r.p.ms fall to about 200 and just rebvound back and then is stable... its going into the atmosphere; the RS has the ability to vent into the atmosphere or buy piping to have the air recirculate into the intake... if its too rich what should i do? am i gonna need to buy an upgraded ecu?, or a piggy back system, (greddy e-manage)?

Old 03-19-2005, 11:59 PM

ive never had a problem venting but it seems some people do, every engine is a little different and yours may not like that. venting is definitely not the best thing for your car performance wise, it may sound cool but if you want your car to run good you should use the recirculating tube. based on how you describe your car stalling tho 99% chance it is one of 2 things. you either have a problem with your vacuum lines( is everything hooked up/capped off, no leaks?) or you need to adjust your bov so it doesnt leak at idle. when i bought mine i didnt have to adjust it at all it worked fine but some people, especially greddy bov's need to be adjusteda little.

Old 03-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Yeh, i was talking to my buddy who has a 300zx TT, and he said when he put in his HKS SS BOV's he had an idle problem, and he had to adjut them a little, and then everythign was fine. So i guess i'll adjust the blow off, cuz i def dont wanna have to buy the recirculating tube cuz i want the car to blow off...

Old 03-20-2005, 07:10 PM

if that doesent work you should take it to a profesonal and have them check it mine did the same thing and it had to be tuned it might be sompting like that or as they said you might just have to mess with the bov

Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 PM

Yeh, im getting it dyno'ed this coming wed 3/23, and hes gonna do an air/fuel spec on it so hopefully he'll be able to tune my ECU, or tell me what the problem is, anmd what i need to do...

Old 03-21-2005, 01:01 AM

post ur before/after results! ive never dynoed my car but im interested in seeing how much of a difference tuning can make for the car

Old 03-22-2005, 02:32 AM

will do...